the Rift

[OPEN] Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
"Let's just hope he doesn't do it again." The peahen's words come out after a weary sigh. The tiny black kitten deserves more than what her brisk tones convey, but the vicious bird will not deal out his punishment today. Luckily for him, her temper is easy to repress in the presence of the gentle queen. She smirks at the sight of her boy being stalked by the blue regardless of her current state of ease.

You better watch out, kitten. I won't have weakness around me for long. The struggling serval reacts immediately, spinning around and opening his tiny maw in an attempt to nip at one of the dragon's fluffy paws. The beauty's interest in their skirmish is interrupted by the painted lady's thanks, and she lifts her blue crown to face her again.

She allows silence to settle against her colored form before finally disturbing it with a shrug of winged shoulders. "I don't need much encouragement where battle is involved." The Chieftess refers to the golden brat when she says this. Her hard stare softens enough so that the kinder woman can see the uncertainty in them. It is a look dealt in hesitation, but she wants the queen to know that she is not always as bitter as she appears to be. "As for our last meeting, I am not so certain."

Much like I am no longer certain why I wish to befriend you. Her second approach at friendship is not as subtle as the first had been, although it is just as foreign a concept for the bird. Yet despite this obvious setback, she still finds her wanting to try. "Perhaps it could be that I prefer you unharmed." Feathers stir restlessly upon her wither. This is obviously not her area of expertise.

The warrior notices the overo pawing at the ground, deciding that the girl must be feeling just as awkward as she is. Although this is not the case, the colorful maiden struggles to lessen the 'strain' between them. "Perhaps if I knew you better you would not feel this way. I know your name, but I do not know who you are. Where are you- from..." Startled by Kahlua's approach the maiden's tone falters. Fiery orbs grow wider as the lady's sweet breath stirs her whiskers, and she hesitates for only a second before returning the gesture. She briefly wonders what her breath must smell like to the civil woman. Wild, I would imagine. I am so very unlike her; soft curves and monotonous colors do not adorn this vibrant body.

The queen is off with her questions again, though, and the bird feels obliged to answer them, if not a little miffed at their random choice of topic. Green tresses shift as a subtle breeze tumbles past, but the maiden does not toss her head to send the locks away. She seeks out the boy's tumbling form and rests her sight upon him, studying his changing body as he sheds onyx hair for russet. Entranced by his unique ability, the Aztec's tones are low and distant.

"The bond is strange, Kahlua, and as absurd as it is remarkable. I did not discover our connection until the little one dared to use it, and I think that he knew about it all along." She pauses here to watch the boy's newest form, taking note of its size and bulk. His movements seem to be clunkier as a hyena cub, but that could just as well be due to his growing body than a flaw in the creature's design.

"Did you know that when I received him, his egg cracked upon the sands where I killed his mother? He or some unseen force rebuilt the shell, though, and then it rolled between my hooves. The boy died there that day, and yet here is, playing with your beast." Smoldering orbs turn to icy ones; the extravagant vixen can no longer look at the boy. "Mictla means 'place of death' in the tongue of my ancestors. He has gone unnamed since his hatching, but perhaps it is time that he bore one."

The bird falls silent as she succumbs to the sadness dwelling in her heart. It has been many weeks since she last thought of her family, but for some reason unknown to her she thinks of them today. A frown tugs gently at her lips and her stare falls to the ground. She watches a beetle crawl through the lush grass as the flames behind her eyes slowly go out. Somewhere beside her she can hear the boy's childish cackles, but her mind does not process the sound.

"What of you, Kahlua? What makes you question the bond?"

Special font #1 Special font #2 Special font #3

Image Credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-04-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-13-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-15-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-22-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-27-2014, 01:59 PM