the Rift

[OPEN] Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
A draconian chortle rose from the little blue’s mouth as the serval’s teeth scrapped against his paw. Gently, for he is only looking for some mischievous fun, the feathered beast whipped his tail around, attempting to whack it against the serval’s side as he landed back on the ground from his leap. The chortle returns, this time happier more than surprised, and the little beast spread his wings, hunkering low to the ground as he awaited the next move of the multiform creature.

Letting the peahen explain herself, Kahlua continued digging with a patient smile on her face, though she broke into raucous laughter at one of the bird’s statements. “I prefer myself unharmed as well.” Her jovial demeanor lighted the area with her soprano song- dancing, bubbly laughter that filled the air. But she was pleased to find that she did not scare the warrior woman off with her friendly advances, reveling in the closeness that came with the exchange of breath.

“Oh, forgive me!” she replies then, quite beside herself that she had failed to even introduce herself properly despite their two close meetings. “I’m queen of the Edge, with Kaj as my king.” For a moment she stops, wondering exactly what else the mare wanted to know, but she was happy enough to talk and so she prattled on, all the while searching the earth for the perfect stone. “I came here a couple years back… my childhood home burned to ashes. Sometimes I wish the memories would have burned with them.” A sigh traced her lips them, exhaling some of the bad taste that sat in her mouth over thoughts of her mother and father, the blackened cathedral and their hellish harem.

“They’re funny that way,” she responded later, turning to watch as the feathered serval changed forms to a hyena. The power was one Kahlua found odd indeed, as strange as it was to watch a mammal shift from this to that and back again. But she found she liked him regardless, enjoying the way he changed as quickly as the weather and winds and skies did. But then she silenced herself and returned her gaze to the peahen, listening with rapt attention to the story.

“Your story is amazing. The gods are wonderful,” she said at first, giving an obligatory glance towards the sky where they so often seemed to come from. “That is Khan,” she indicated as the blue began to wiggle his but back and forth, enticing the now-hyena to continue their game. “I asked because the idea of such an emotional connection without boundaries is…” she trailed off for a moment as her hoof finally struck what she was looking for.

Her smile had been fading as she spoke, but returned en force when she dug the nearly-spherical grape-sized rock entirely from the dirt. Nosing it in front of her, she called upon the magic she had been bestowed with by the lighted orb. Gently, the thing began to glow, lighting an area about 9 feet around itself with its steady light. Of course, the queen was not happy with the simple rock and so she called upon a different magic that had come to her quite unexpectedly. Mist in the air, from all the waterfalls, began to condense. It began to form a sphere around the rock, spires of glass-like ice holding it almost as though it was floating in the center. Finally, links of the same mist-turned-glass began to join one another, forming a necklace that joined the sphere and connected to make one complete chain.

When the thing was all said and done, some many minutes later, the queen smiled and picked the chain up in her mouth, lifting her nose and offering to lay the lighted necklace over the peahen’s head to wrap around her neck and lay on her chest. But with that done, she could procrastinate no longer. “I learned when I was young that love, like the love I think I should have for Khan or the love one would have for a mate, is nothing but torture. I watched my mother whither under the dominion of my father; my brothers learn to be as cruel as their parents; and I thought that what I was experiencing and doing was normal.” She frowned then, though the warm light from the necklace seemed to give her some peace. “I guess it’s just hard to come to term with the fact that love doesn’t have to be so…” she lingered on the last word, trying to find the right finish. “So destructive. Do you like it?”

OOC| Kahlua made a sphere of ice that looks and acts like glass. A chain connects to the sphere, long enough to wrap around Bellona’s neck. Within the sphere is a spherical rock that glows with yellow light for about 9 feet all around. Thin posts of glass on the X, Y and Z axis hold the rock in the center of the sphere. The ice is temporary and will melt in birdsong, or if it is exposed to fire, and doesn’t need to be added to the records. The glow rock is permanent and does need to be added to the records. Kahlua doesn’t know it will melt 

@[Bellona]
In the kingdom of glass everything is transparent,
and there is no place to hide a dark heart.
gloomwriter | tumana-stock | semperfiesty
larfsalot @ deviantart
subtlepatterns.com

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-04-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-13-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-15-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Bellona - 09-22-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Pavo cristatus, Pavo muticus - by Kahlua - 09-27-2014, 01:59 PM