the Rift

[OPEN] everything was in the dark.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The confidence of my foe appears to be bolstered by the rocking of the earth for a passing moment. The flicker of pride on his face reminiscent of a boy trying on his father's tie. Just as quickly as it appeared, the stranger charged for me as well, racing toward each other in hasty violence. As his steps draw near, the confidence turns into a sneer, realizing, perhaps, that I am responsible for the quiver of the earth. My heart beats in time with the world. I am its son, but he would not understand.
Nor would he be likely to care.

I am thankful the quakes cause the boy to lose his stride, forcing him to fall back on his haunches in an attempt to stop. I smile. The jagged horns aimed for my heart are turned away, for he knows as well as I that should he fall from my charge, this fight would be finished.

My ram his the left side of my boy, hopefully shaking his foolish resolve to fight me. The movement of his legs belabored by his mass, striking not my head but the broad shoulder of my body as I attempt to sail by. I grit my teeth and swallow the yelp of pain in my throat, causing a momentary pause in my song and thus the quaking of the earth under my bronze hooves. I let out a breath forcefully, taking time to push off with my back legs and send my rump flying toward the left side of my opponent. I am still hefty in build, but more agile thanks to my mother's build than my foe. The cowkick is swift, but far from nimble, striking out blindly in the dark. I am no soldier.

The harp flitting about in the darkness bellows a melody for its friend, trying to inspire song from his lips to restore the shaking of the earth. I must keep him off balance.

"Son of the earth take pride,
Guarding the world from the wicked.
Keep heart within your stride.
Despair not when stricken.
"

Once more, the meadow dances at the sound of his voice strong and true.

[ ooc; sorry, writing short little song blurbs is harder than just churning out normal posts. xD WHAT IS PROSE PLS ]

Credits: Tamme Art

Messages In This Thread
everything was in the dark. - by Hototo - 09-06-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Abraham - 09-06-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Hototo - 09-07-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Abraham - 09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Hototo - 09-26-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Abraham - 10-06-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: everything was in the dark. - by Hototo - 10-16-2014, 12:24 PM