the Rift

[OPEN] I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Pregnancy was not a new concept for the Transcended, though such excitement over her condition was unprecedented. She remembered each pregnancy with equal parts love and anxiety, for they had all held challenges. She had been afraid - at first of making mistakes, and then of never seeing her children, of being a terrible mother, of failing to keep them safe. She had been guilty, for her second child left her and her third child had been born of adultery. She had been everything but a present, supportive mother, instead hiding behind her wall of insecurities, hoping and praying that somehow, somehow things would turn out all right despite her inability to take the reins.

But this time was different. This time, she had hoped for her pregnancy. This time, she had prayed for their health. This time, she had a dependable stallion by her side, and though they were not, perhaps, the most romantic couple, they were nothing if not effective as a pair. She loved him, after all, and he her, and that had become very much enough for the angel, even though she had once been desperate for the approval of any stallion. This time, she had chosen him, and he her. This time she was stronger, and more confident, and a better mare.

And so this time, when her figure began to grow and swell, she had sought out her lover and told him, in halting and broken sentences (as he had begun to teach her his language), that she was mesilat, and she had been overjoyed as she watched her stomach fill out until she could not possible be any bigger. Her WildFire had protected her, had patiently and painstakingly conversed with her as they taught each other and learned from one another. And they had waited.

Finally, the day of the birthing was upon them. He was not there, but she knew that he would arrive shortly (she couldn't tell you quite how she knew, but she was certain of it). The Sultana paced back and forth underneath her favorite palm, close to the lake in the midst of their oasis. She had elected to stay in the Dragon's Throat for several days, wanting her child to be born in their homeland rather than the magical, floating island in the sky.

She gasped as another contraction took her, stronger than the last, and she felt an unyielding need to lie down; her knees buckled and she sank into the sand, thankful for its warmth on her body. She had broken out in a cold sweat, for though the Sun shone brightly overhead, His heat was greatly diminished on the cool Orangemoon day; and the heated sand was soothing on her writhing, tumbling belly and her aching, twitching muscles. The contractions came closer now, and she squealed painfully as she felt the need to push. And so her first son was born.

But her body was not done, and her eyes widened as she realized that she had been carrying twins. Fear took her then, for her first set of twins had been a disaster - and she craned her neck to see, praying, Please, please - and when she saw his tiny ribs rise, she allowed herself to sink back down with a grateful groan. A few moments passed, but it seemed like hours - and then she gave a final push, and it was over, and her second son was born.

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | @[Gaucho] and then open! :D]

Translations ::
-- mesilat | pregnant

Astraeus.
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing] - by Sohalia - 09-07-2014, 05:22 PM