the Rift

[OPEN] I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

It had been an easy pregnancy...hadn't it? Of course it had been, at least for the WildFire. The endurance needed to bear the weight of one child was something that the dun would never experience, much less the weight of two. But Sohalia had done so brilliantly. Their time together had been seemingly easy - days spent discussing the future of the Throat, and tutoring Sohalia in the language of his people. She had taken to the tongue fairly well, although the awkard way that she had initially pronounced his arcaic words made him chuckle. However the speed with which her awkward annunciation diminished was even more impressive. She truly was Transcended. And he loved her dearly.

Patrolling had been easy that day. With the arrival of the new Island that had suddenly appeared in the clouds, peace had fallen over the lands. Even so, Gaucho would not allow the military presence slack. It had apparently already done so under the reign of the Starry-Eyed and his kahleesi - Hector was really the only viable warrior he had seen since his return. If there were more, they hadn't presented themselves to him. That in itself was troublesome - but thoughts such as those were far from the mind of the WildFire on this day.

This day, his sons were to be born.

His blue-gray gaze had been subconsciously searching for the form of the swollen white mare, and after about an hour or so of slowly patrolling the lands, he spotted her. Gaucho flanks were covered in sweat, but not as much as Soh's were. Landing neatly beside her, he nickered gently in greeting, though did so quietly, as if not wanting to disturb the work her body was currently performing. He fanned his great black wings, and although they were lined with fire, as he beat them a cool breeze gently wafted towards the Transcended. He hadn't been present at the birth of Zenobia, their eldest child, having arrived moments after. Although he was glad that he was here this time, part of him felt childlike in his inability to aid her through this process.

Continuing to try and provide a cool breeze, he dropped his nose to her wither, gently ruffling her tangled mane to encourage her. Mara slithered up one of her legs, gently moving her forelock from her eyes, and hissing her own sort of encouragement.

Gaucho's black ears flickered backwards as the twins fell neatly upon the sands. One appeared to not be breathing. Grunting Gaucho rapidly moved forward, pushing the creatures tiny black chest. His nose - nearly the size of Rhoa's shoulder, pushed and prodded as if trying to force the small creature to breathe. Eventually, he did. Although his breathes were raspy and shallow. For a moment, the WildFire's attention was torn between seeing to the small gray bodies, or attending to Sohalia. After a moment, he left the two to rest at Soh's side, and moved towards her head. Nickering softly again, his head dipped low to gently brush against her muzzle.

"Proud." He whispered warmly.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing] - by Gaucho - 09-07-2014, 06:35 PM