the Rift

[OPEN] I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing]

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

Until The End, his world had been warm and dark. He led a comfortable existence, kept close to his brother in their silent, mutual solitude. He was happy, or at least as happy as he knew he could be, and if it were his choice, he would have simply continued his warm, dark, easy, comfortable life. But it was The End, and now his life was over.

At first, it was just the light. It was bright and harsh, and there was too much of it. He and his brother were squeezed together, not quite tangled up together but not quite apart either, and he was all-too-aware of every kick and squirm. The light got bigger, and brighter, and it just kept growing, and he just wanted it to stop, because it was dark and warm and nice in here, and he was not at all prepared for The End. But this was The End, and so he heaved a mental sigh and braced himself, or let himself go, or something, because what was one supposed to do when faced with their untimely demise?

The sand, when he hit it, was warm and rough, and it came as such a surprise that he could not help but let out a violent sneeze. He was immediately cold, despite the sun-heated particles beneath him - there was a gentle movement in the - the - nothingness around him and it chilled him, sending shivers down his spine. He felt his body move in weird ways - his ribcage lifted, and the nothingness invaded his lungs; his ears twitched, catching the very first mumbling of sound, a deep voice that he had dimly heard before The End, as though muffled through a thick blanket; his skin quivered in the breeze and his eyelids fluttered open, and he was blinded until he shut them again.

His mother cleaned him, and his twin, and despite the pleasurable warmth she brought and the beginnings of his blood's circulation, bringing the rest of his body to life, he realized after a moment that there was something wrong with his brother. Although the nothingness that was air whooshed in and out of Ivezho's lungs, Rhoa was not so lucky. The colt struggled, even after his first breath, and Ivezho snorted, hard, as though doing so could clear his brother's airway. Something was wrong, but he didn't know what, and he didn't know how to help. It brought panic to his infantile mind, though he could not yet put a name to the feeling - the desperate need to protect this brother whom he loved so very much.

So far, he did not enjoy The End.

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Lose Myself When I Look At You [birthing] - by Ivezho - 09-07-2014, 09:26 PM