the Rift

[PRIVATE] I tried to leave my heart behind.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

He is repulsed, somehow, by the sun, an idea which confuses her, plays against her views of the world. She has known so many who prefer the night (indeed, all of her known family were denizens of the dark), and though she has never understood this inclination, there was always a reassurance that the sun, too, had its place in their lives. Caneo's declaration equating the light of her God to necessary pain stings the girl, pushing her back, the shadows of steps taken fading into a distant sigh.

White-gold tail flicks impatiently, eyes unhappy as she regards his face- but he does not look back at her, does not offer consolation of humor or distress. She wants to demand an answer, why?, to make him explain his distaste for the day; to save him, change him, teach him to love all the things she holds dear. But you can't, the fox's voice whispers sagely in her head. Can't change. Don't push. Sun mean, anyway. More things not to think about, more questions not to ask- she frowns, and sighs, and shakes her head, forelock dancing before closed black eyes.

He brings her back from the brink of the void, the chill in his voice sparking some quiet fire. She looks at him and sees something new, a hardened steel in the ice blue eyes, a firm resolve in the pit of his youth. Where is the frail, lonely boy? Is this the man she has drawn from his depths? "I have questions, too," she murmurs soft, not striding away as he makes his approach, refusing to flinch in the weight of his mettle, letting her own glow bounce off his cold surface. A nod at his question, though uncertainty lingers. Should she send him alone? Is she ready to face the moon? Friends stay together, Caneo had said. She pauses, then speaks again, stumbling slightly in a deep alto song, onyx eyes flashing with speculative flame. "I'll take you there, Chandrakant," says the child of fire. Then before he can answer she spins toward the south, fleet-footed brother leading the way.

image | code

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 09-08-2014, 04:17 AM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 09-11-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 09-12-2014, 04:20 AM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 09-13-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 09-26-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Caneo - 10-11-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: I tried to leave my heart behind. - by Tandavi - 10-11-2014, 08:15 PM