the Rift

[OPEN] dusk slips steady; [ Welcoming ]

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte

The cold is no match for the heat that rises off my body in the presence of these fantastic machines. I know that before my Lady has even offered me a meeting with their creator that I will already say yes. I had asked her for a such thing, after all, but the longer I stare at their metallic shine the more I desire to meet him. He must be a fantastic man, with so many great ideas. I'll make it my goal to become his apprentice.

At the golden mare's mentioning of their purpose, though, I do blush to admit that I may have swooned. "Guardians, you say?" My breath catches at the word, and I feel as if my life is complete. I no longer yearn for the touch of a man; I just want to see how the circuits beneath their gleaming skin recreates life. "They are incredible. They do not function as living creatures, though, do they? If one were to speak with them, they would not talk back?" A look of longing invades my molten stare, and I have to turn away from the dazzling giants before I can speak again. "It's such a shame. Though if your guardians can excite me so, I can only imagine how the people must be."

A black tail slaps against equally dark legs, and I turn my frozen face away from another biting wind. My whole body shivers and, even though am probably giving off enough heat from my excitement to melt ice, I still feel the chilly claws of winter scrape down my sides. I cannot be rude and demand refuge so soon after my rescuing, though, and so I make it a point to reply to the doe's questions.

"A festival and a God. The more you speak of this place, the more I fall in love with it." It is too bold of a commitment for me to be making for only just arriving here, but I feel that it is time to say it nonetheless. In the presence of such magnificent works of art, I feel as if it is my duty to remain here and learn how to recreate them, if not better them in some way. "Yes, Lady Illynx, I can throw the bones and stir the waters. It is a skill that fascinates not only me, but others. I would be honored to serve as a Reader for you... If you'll supply me with materials, of course." I insert an almost cheeky grin at this point, although I am certain that the gesture is lost beneath my icy features.

"But perhaps I will wait for this engineer another day; I do think a travelling queen should not endure the cold for so long." My cunning words are directed towards her, of course, for I am not foolish enough to refer to myself with such a title. It is not one that suits me, after all, and I do want to keep my head. No, my "honest" considering of her well-being is incredibly more selfish, in fact, and in showing my concern for her I am truly reflecting my concern for myself. Should this woman want to keep her trader, too, she had better find a way to keep her from freezing.

"blah blah blah." @[Illynx]

ErikaChristine | StockProject1 | semperfiesty

Messages In This Thread
dusk slips steady; [ Welcoming ] - by Illynx - 09-10-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: dusk slips steady; [ Welcoming ] - by Illynx - 09-18-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: dusk slips steady; [ Welcoming ] - by Grimmrot - 09-27-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: dusk slips steady; [ Welcoming ] - by Illynx - 10-01-2014, 12:43 PM