the Rift

[OPEN] this place was a shelter

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

The stranger's harsh words sent Aithniel's ears flying backwards, and she frowned. She had been to the deserts that she hated and seen the winged ones and their loose tongues. Maybe she did not see enough examples for herself, but she trusted Illynx and the others to tell her the truth. Illynx had told her nothing else but the cold, hard truth. "The winged ones are wild and driven by their tempers, and I have to prove that I am not one of them." Aithniel nodded once, believing what she believed for now.

How could she wear her wings like a crown when she saw them as a curse? They were not some symbol that she could use to lord over them because she did not want to lord over them at all. All she wanted was to fit in. Still, what this stranger was saying made sense, and she tried to reconcile the two truths in her head with little success. "I... I guess so. I just want to belong," she finally admitted, frowning. "Maybe... maybe I can be brave like you say one day, but I don't want that now."

Little did she know that she would be forced to change not long after this conversation. But, they were interrupted by Rikyn, and Aithniel's concern rang through the Steppe in her small, child-like voice, jumping to try to find her invisible brother. What if he were to truly get hurt and she could never find him again? The thought made her want to cry. Only minutes later when Rikyn's nose pressed against her side did she calm down, and Aithniel took a deep breath, shoving her face into her brother's side.

Thank you... whoever watches over him... Praying felt kind of weird, but really, someone deserved thanks.

The stranger's question urges a nod from Aithniel. "He is my brother," she said with a big smile. "Rikyn. He's invisible, which is really cool, but I get worried."

"I love my brother." Certainly, he would know that.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
this place was a shelter - by Jorogumo - 09-11-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: this place was a shelter - by Rikyn - 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: this place was a shelter - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: this place was a shelter - by Jorogumo - 09-19-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: this place was a shelter - by Rikyn - 09-19-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: this place was a shelter - by Aithniel - 09-19-2014, 12:37 PM