the Rift

[PRIVATE] What did I say?

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Okay yeah I kinda got the memo that this was some pretty serious shit. Jeez. I hated the way he looked down his nose at me—the way he kept his cool like that, like he wasn’t even gonna get worked up over my own screw up. It would’ve been better if he had yelled; I could’ve yelled back. But no, no, all he did was just give me this….coldish disappointment, which was worse, much worse, than any kind of name-calling he could’ve divulged into. I couldn’t meet his eye; my ears pinned and my tiny tail lashed and my molars grinded, but I couldn’t meet his eye.

"While you were looking for the shadow child, you, perhaps, should have also been looking where his mother lives.”

Wherever the hell that is!

I stifled the aggravated groan that was growing in the back of my throat, because fear makes me angry and I was steadily getting hella pissed. He didn’t need to remind me the urgency of the situation; he didn’t need to rub it in that this was something I could have prevented (could have I?) He had told me I could choose my own destiny, and more and more, there was something out there growing and morphing and taking that choice away from me.

“Can you do this, Roskuld?"

No, I wanted to blurt out. I probably would have, too, if this had been before my legs were splattered in the bright ruby blood of the unfortunate kid whose body lay only lengths away from me. But that thing that was creeping on the horizon was taking away my choice of failure; my life was being wrenched out of my hands and into the palms of something sinister or glorious—however you wanted to look at it, like. I mean.

So I took a deep breath and I stopped grinding my molars and my tail stopped doing its lashing thing, and I looked up and into my Pa’s stormy eye. “I will do it.” It came out heavier than I expected—but I guess I shouldn’t’ve been too shocked. I was throwing away the luxury of the indefinite and chaining myself onto the great, big-ass fan of the universe, and there was a huge pile of shit shooting its way straight for it.

I looked over at Mesec—and for the first time, I looked upon his Ma, his real Ma.

I immediately decided she was a bitch.

Roskuld</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
What did I say? - by God of the Spark - 09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: What did I say? - by Roskuld - 09-14-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: What did I say? - by God of the Spark - 09-14-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: What did I say? - by Roskuld - 09-15-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: What did I say? - by God of the Spark - 09-16-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: What did I say? - by Roskuld - 09-21-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: What did I say? - by God of the Spark - 09-30-2014, 04:17 PM