the Rift

[OPEN] No better time than the present

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

She watched the flames rise, her silver eyes wide and awed. He seemed so proud of her, and all of these emotions fell upon her, pushing her forward, pushing her toward her destiny. He believed in her, and he was proud of her. The God of the Sun wanted to change nothing, and she felt her heart warm and her focus sharpen. She would do anything to make him proud, anything.

Would they really look up to her as they did to him? Maybe not now, and maybe not for a while. But, he promised to teach her, and she looked forward to every lesson. How was she supposed to be like him without power like him? Aithniel was not power hungry, per say, but her desire to be like her father made it seem that way.

He touched her, one flaming wing resting over her back. Aithniel had never been touched like this, comforted by an adult. She hungered for it, and she rested her head against his strong leg, listening to his words as they rumbled from his body. A single drop touched her back, burning her from the inside in a beautiful way, giving her power, opening her eyes.

The gift he gave brought tears to the rims of her eyes again, and she looked up at him, nodding. She already knew that some lies were necessary. Wasn't it better to lie to save another from pain? She thought so. Aithniel did not believe that one could do wrong without fault, but she would search for the answer nonetheless.

"I will do my best," she said, nodding one, firmly. "And I will bring back my thoughts on your questions as I hunt for the person who did this. Even... even if I am just a kid, maybe... maybe that will help?" She smiled, the expression reaching her molten silver eyes for the first time.

"Thank you.... father."

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-13-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-14-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: No better time than the present - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:21 AM