the Rift

[OPEN] My Sweet Summer Is Gone

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

Days had worn into nights, and nights into a season, then two seasons, three... Time had slipped through her feathers like the wind during flight. It almost didn't seem like it though, at least not when she stood before the border of the Dragon's Throat. The desert had a rare quality in that it seemed unaffected by the simple, unavoidable plight of all mortal things - time.

She had been told to seek out the god which governed that unfortunate thing. It was not the answer she had been hoping for, none of them were, but that would not stop her. She intended to seek out the Spark God, but she supposed there was another god that deserved her attention first, another land, another horse, or a great many of them really.

A gentle sigh tumbled from Ampere as she stood before the Sun's lands. The sand shifted easily under hoof and a dry breeze stirred up the red dust, and her memories. Each granule that peppered her side was like another lifetime slipping into her thoughts. She'd had everything, and she'd just left.

They wouldn't understand her reasons, hell, she didn't either.
She wasn't here to see if they would understand though, although it would certainly improve the situation. She was here... well she supposed because it felt like she ought to be. Whether or not she deserved or even wanted to return to the ranks and the dunes remained to be seen, and her tongue certainly held no direct promises of apology. She just hoped her sense of mind to appear here was worth something to someone, because it was definitely more forethought than she typically boasted. Of course they could all come and piss on her and that'd be fine too, but at least something would be rectified, one way or another.

"I have to know," her thoughts murmured. That was always the problem with her, this underlying to desire to know. Bliss was born of ignorance for a reason, so she assumed though everyone had the right to the pursuit of happiness, just as equally they, and especially she, had the right to pursue unhappiness. Her jaunt to the Veins a couple days ago only furthered her point.

She breathed in the heat to try and settle her unsteady heart, but she was reminded poignantly of an impassioned meeting that had ultimately ruined her. Quickly and heavily she shook it off, flicking her wings and refolding them several times, as if the physical motion might disperse the unsettling memory. It subsided into a dull ache in the back of her thoughts, hidden, but only so it could fester.

She grit her teeth, defiant. There had to be more to this place than that, there had to be something that she loved here, that they loved in her. Didn't there?

"I'm only human."

[HO HUM one of those posts I wrote 15 times in my head and this is nothing like what I wanted ;-; oh well.]

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-13-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-15-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-16-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-16-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-19-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-05-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-11-2014, 04:55 PM