the Rift

[OPEN] My Sweet Summer Is Gone

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

Sohalia's kindness continued, coming surprisingly easy. In a way it put Ampere on edge. It was so abnormal for her that it made her uncomfortable. No one to yell at or kick, no one to flirt with or steal from. Just, someone talking with her, maintaining a normal conversation. The only horses she had ever managed to do that with she could count on all her hooves. She fretted behind her steady smile, her feathers puffing out easily, but flattening just the same.

There was one thing Sohalia said that soothed it all though - they needed warriors.

An earlier question (unspoken) received an answer as Sohalia continued, speaking of Africa in equal terms with herself. Ampere was glad that the one-winged grey was still presiding over the lands. Despite their differences Ampere had grown fond of her, even in their short partnership. Likeable or not though, the mare was weak with war, and Sohalia too, if Ampere remembered right. Though, to be honest, didn't know much about Sohalia. Hurting her had been easier that way, pretending she was just a pale, distant figure. Not that Ampere had ever wanted to hurt Sohalia, not directly anyways, that was just the outcome of getting what she wanted.

Gaucho.

That name followed swiftly after the other, effecting Ampere more than she had anticipated. Her body swayed alongside her heart rate, muscles stiffened, and a flush of heat spread underneath her tail. NO! her mind screamed defiantly, rejecting this normal reaction to the Wildfire with a new found rancor. Her lips set into a thin line while the corners of her eyes crinkled and hardened, actively trying to regain the quickly racing reaction of her body. It felt traitorous. Quickly she turned her head away, unknowingly mimicking Sohalia, which was for the best. There was no denying the lust that blossomed in her chest; each petal felt like a cold stab of betrayal through her heart. That he was bonded was only one travesty, but that she had now befriended his mate was another. Ampere could not care for him any more, she just could not damnit!

"Oh, well that explains your glow then," Ampere tried to tease as she turned her head back around, a wide grin slapped upon it. Her eyebrows raised suggestively as she gave Sohalia the ribbing, hoping to the gods it seemed passable. All the while the words felt like ash on her tongue and the smile thorns in her cheeks. "I'm glad he's back. You're the only one who can keep him busy." She wanted to say more, to ask, to know. Their last moment together had been in the cramped caves, full of darkness outside, yet smothered in his warm, welcoming light inside. It had burned between them, warm, inviting, promising... Words and actions full of heat and energy, each of them an untamable force finally come together, fusing ass much as clashing.

Where had he gone? Why had he gone? Had he missed her, or was she just a stupid filly?
Why did he have a fucking companion?

Ampere pushed him angrily from her thoughts. She feigned a fly bite on her rump as an excuse to flick her tail strongly. Anything to relieve the electricity building inside her, so she was thankful when Sohalia strode forward. Her steps were unsteady as they crossed the sands though, belying her belonging in this home. It was like a girl walking in heels for the first time, trying so hard to look like a sexy bitch, but only managing to recreate a bad ice-capade. Even Astraeus' departure caused her wings to flick and her head to shy.

Shake it off she commanded herself, gradually beginning to sour within the hole his presence (physical or not) left inside her. Thankfully Sohalia always stepped in at the moment she most needed, proving to be a far better companion than Ampere could ever manage to be to anyone.
"A warrior role would suit me best, I think," Ampere said following Sohalia's voice. It was an easy decision, and one that gave her something to work for. Maybe she was more inclined towards fighting than others, but it didn't necessarily make her good at it. If she wanted to one day pummel the oaf that was slowly but surely fucking up her life, she'd have to pour herself into the role, and that's precisely what she intended to do.

She smiled, a genuine one at last. It touched the edges of her eyes, which glinted with a hint of mischief, such as she was oft to do when becoming competitive. In fact, Sohalia might even recognize it... "My leave was for the best, really," she started, her voice calm despite the energy swelling in each step of her hooves and beat of her heart. "The crown hung heavily on me, my inexperience a shadow even the Sun could not chase away." There was another stallion who's name she'd rather not hear. Quickly she carried on, grabbing for that strand of sanity, her goal nestled on the horizon. "A warrior though, that I could really get behind. Who stands as your gladiator? And for that matter, the other ranks?"

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-13-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-15-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-16-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-16-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-19-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-05-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-11-2014, 04:55 PM