the Rift

[OPEN] My Sweet Summer Is Gone

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

The mention of training would have left the mare blushing, if such a thing were possible to see from beneath her ivory coat; as it were, she ducked her head with a shy chuckle, pleased at the blue's display of camaraderie. "Well..." she admitted without saying anything at all, and laughed freely, for it felt wonderful to be again in the company of one she could call a friend. Oh, how things change - in a matter of minutes, it seemed, she had gone from wary to accepting to affectionate. She genuinely hoped that Ampere would elect to stay in the Dragon's Throat, for the disappearance of her dark, passionate friend would leave the dove with yet another hole in her heart yearning to be filled by those she had cared for and lost.

"I've heard it's better to train with more than one warrior, though," she mused aloud. "Isn't it important to learn different techniques? Isn't it dangerous to rely too much on one teacher's style?" She shook her head, leaving her questions to the wind with a smile. There would be time for that later; assuming Ampere stayed, they would have myriad opportunities to spar, and to teach, and to learn.

Her smile widened as Ampere agreed to participate in their tournament. "Oh, how wonderful!" she trilled. "It's going to be fantastic, you'll see!" She paused, turning the thoughts over in her mind. She had so many plans, so much she wanted to set in motion - it was too much for one mare to handle, much less oversee! The sooner they selected their Gladiator, the better; then she could delegate some of her tasks and, hopefully, place her trust in their ability to protect the herd.

"There are different kinds of strength," she remarked. "And admirable though it may be, a strong diplomatic pair is not well suited to battle. It has been peaceful of late, that is true; but how long will it hold?" She came to with a start, realizing suddenly that her burdens had been placed on Ampere's shoulders. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I shouldn't - well - I don't mean to bother you with my concerns," she finished breezily. "Besides, we'll get it all sorted out soon - the tournament will help, I'm sure."

Their talk turned to the Academy as they neared the oasis, and the angel was delighted to see the excitement in Ampere's eyes. It was amazing, really; they were so blue that they were almost electrifying - pardon the pun. The Sultana grinned gleefully; who would have thought that the Mother of Companions would have a scholarly side? "I'm so glad you like it!" she squealed. "And of course, you must attend! We hope to accept everyone and foster cooperation between herds, but... it would mean so much for you to be a part of it!" And it was true. What better victory than to turn an enemy into a friend, to welcome them with open arms into one's life and hopes and dreams?

The thought never crossed her mind that by doing so, she gave Ampere the power to crush them.

"talk talk talk"

Translations ::
xx

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-13-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-14-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-15-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-16-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-16-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 09-19-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-05-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: My Sweet Summer Is Gone - by Ampere - 10-11-2014, 04:55 PM