the Rift

Red leaf | Ricoface

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

I had not seen you since Isilme.

It was like my heart leaped straight from my chest and into my mouth, the emotions pouring rapidly over me as I catch sight of you, the buttermilk boy of my dreams. You had been running, though your pace comes to a slow trot, your sculpted muscles working silently underneath sleek, brown fur, flattened with a waterfall of sweat. How long have you been running, my love?

I see your eyes, those teal stones, as they fall to observe the body of the boy not far from you. My ears slick back onto my pole, as I do not approve of your attention being so obviously directed at another. Your eyes scan him, looking for a name to go with the face that haunts your memory. I know this boy is Jackal, son of your bitch sister Aerwen, who always thought herself better of you even though I know this is not a fact. Your rivalry was nothing but kindness on your part, for she could never best you, my love, never. It takes you a moment to know, but it seems the similarities finally make themselves known, and you find a name in the recesses of your mind.

My heart leaps from my throat to my gut, as I am crestfallen at the joy in your voice. You are so pleased, sweet, darling Ricochet, to meet your family here. I know that it is a miracle to you now, since your beloved father had relented to the shadow creatures that plagued our home. Gunslinger the Unbroken, your father, finally let slip his sanity, and the broken reality he lived in pulled him apart at the seams. How very ironic.

My limbs move forward in the shadows of the night quietly, edging closer behind a tree that is nearer to where you stand, my love. My dark color hides my body well in low light of Orangemoon, but it would make no difference if you saw me. My dear buttermilk boy, I do not believe we have ever formerly met. You would not recognize my face like I recognized yours, and you would never feel the warmth that you feel toward Jackal upon seeing me.

I was unimportant, but that did not matter. My heart still claws at my ribcage as I edge closer, nostrils flaring to pick up on the scent of your body from here. Oh, how I longed to stand by your side proudly, Ricochet. How I longed to be the only one that you see.

Messages In This Thread
Red leaf | Ricoface - by Jackal2 - 08-30-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: Red leaf | Ricoface - by Ricochet - 09-02-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Red leaf | Ricoface - by NPC - 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Red leaf | Ricoface - by Ink - 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM