the Rift

[OPEN] And so I pray

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Aithniel had left the island in the sky to return to the shrines. She felt power here, a pulsing heat from the broken shrine symboling the Sun. Though she may be small, she would one day grow to be powerful, and the world would see. The filly knelt to one knee in front of the stone, closing her enigmatic, silver eyes. Waves of heat from the churning blue lava picked up her black and gold hair, shifting it around her newly grown horns and the fibers of her swiftly maturing feathers.

The demi-god, for that's what she was, desired nothing more than to feel his presence all around her. She had never had family like this before, but now she had a father. Just the sensation of his might brought her comfort, and she vowed to return to this spot every season to pray for guidance and be renewed in her strength and resolve. Out of all the elements, fire was the strongest, the one to be feared, able to cleanse, kill, and obliterate.

With this, she was potent. Already, she could start fire with her hooves, but she wanted to know more. She wanted to learn the secrets of the flame, so that she could whisper to their true nature and wield them as a friend just as they would wield her heart. Aithniel knew that she was young now, but she would learn. She would find her purpose through her father and bring Helovia to order. These were tall dreams for a small babe, but they were strong.

After a swift greeting to her father in her mind, she stood, looking around at the world with new eyes, new light. She was a master of her own universe. She was not an accident, a blip created with no purpose. She was not here just to toil against her own mortality. No, she was here to enforce the will of the gods. Aithniel was a conduit. The filly walked across the land bridge connecting the island to the mainland, hearing the waves crash below and hearing the stars speak above, promising her future.

Wind whistled around her body, and it was invigorating. She felt... new.

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM