the Rift

[OPEN] And so I pray

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It had been so well planned and crafted, why did the silly little girl have to grow up just in time to screw it up. Where was expected a curious face of new, came a calmed, still face of one well beyond this small child’s age. If it could a brow would have raised at her. The happy, go lucky smile faltered back slightly. Not in defeat, but interest. There was something working here in this child. This was not the scared girl who had raced across the Basin from wolves (though there was a hint of the fire starter), and certainly not the girl who had clung to Rikyn’s side. Now there was a girl of solidarity. Calm gaze seems almost to look past him and all other worldly things. Something has shifted in this girl’s universe, his success would depend on knowing it, so the gold calls up the mystery machine and gets it cranking.

Family mentioned and it all falls slightly. The earth eyes miss nothing, and can not hide the flash of its gold inlays reveal. Then empowerment rings between the two. The girl’s inner core has been found and was standing for itself. The golden son shifts slightly, watching her with unchanging features. Of course he knew the girl had been adopted, but this was a new development that the girl thought herself to have no mother. Not even that, but to speak as if she rejects it. A heart of a strong will and firm consensus was certainly not the same one who was kept tucked in Illynx’s close fold. She was denying searching for one, but also rejecting the need for the current one. His lady did not like creatures she could not bend to her will, was this a turning point in that relationship too? Oh, but the gold is a patient man, and it is rewarded as the girl speaks on. Oh how curious the conversation was becoming. A perfect beginning for this renewed vigor in the gold.

Now, the girl fell silent, but it mattered not, she had spoken volumes, but even the golden could not piece them together. Was her mother dead? A traitor? A low life? Why did she look to the shrines? Did her mother live here? What of her father? Did this have to do with Illynx? Oh all the delicious questions in the mystery, it made for a well-fortified breakfast for the sly. The gold let that calmed smile slip off nearly completely, and look more contented upon this fire bird. Why was he taking such interest in this? A child’s problems could not possibly be of much consequence. Not to mention the gold was not fond of hanging around children too much. The continued contact was too much of a…memory. But this was certainly different. This little fire bird was not like the other children. The golden had seen it in her sparks of fire in the Basin, the shear idea of remaining in the Basin even after it was certain she recognized the difference, and then there is this curious moment.

The gold loved a good mystery. Twin horns lower, and earth eyes gaze out at her with less spark. It was time to throw out the bait and see what he might catch. “You have found something.” Let us see how much the girl can handle, if she is as changed as this impressions relates. “Well, not really a thing, perhaps just a some.” Tell us what has changed your little heart fire bird. “You’ve had pieces before, during the wolf attack but now…” What worldly threads are waving your tapestry. “…you possess it.” Who trusted you with the weight of the world when you’re so young. “What have you found dear fire bird?” Tell me your secrets.

OOC ::
"speech"
@[Aithniel]

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM