the Rift

[OPEN] And so I pray

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Aithniel was unsure of how to take his calm demeanor, smooth like the surface of the ocean at midday in the summer. She narrowed her molten, silver gaze curiously, trying to discern why he was still here, why he cared. The cadence of his voice, musical, would have been charming if not for the tingling in her spine. Why was he so curious about her? About this? She had seen him in the Basin maybe once, but she had never spoken to him before.

She was still young, but she was now faced with a task slightly beyond her age. Instead of crying about it, Aithniel knew that she had a responsibility to fill. Illynx was to thank for this work ethic, as the mare had always told her that she would have to work harder than all the others to gain any advantage. She would have to prove herself, and instead of trying to prove herself through destruction and biting words toward Zikar, she had a far more important task.

One given by her father, the God of the Sun himself.

Suddenly, ruining Zikar's day seemed so trivial - but no less fun.

What pieces was he talking about? Of course she found something. She found the truth. She found as much truth as she could possibly need. The identity of her mother was still in the shadows, but Aithniel didn't care. But why did he want to know? "I found my father," she replied cryptically, not sure how much she should reveal given that she was alone on this island with him and still unable to fly.

"And I found a calling." One of them, for Aithniel knew that she would have many in her future. "Now, I have a true purpose, and I understand why I am here when before I did not." She looked up at him with her steely eyes. "I found what some people spend forever searching for - who I am and why I am here."

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM