the Rift

[OPEN] grips of the cold

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The muscles of her body contort and tighten, leaving her looking more like an ice sculpture than a living creature. I must have frightened the mare, though I had not tried to cover my arrival in a veil of silence. Instead, she stood silent, staring at me, me staring at her. Our eyes locked in a false embrace. The silence gaped like a crater, growing with each passing breath through my lungs. The panic began to rise through the nervous sea. Had I done something wrong? I am reminded of the stallion of black and white who had attacked me for my stupid lapse in judgment. Surely, this swan would not do the same.

Her voice was like a blessing, ushering away my panic with a warm hand. I breathe easier, though remain a bit on edge. Strangers, why were they so confusing?

Then, I realize she is stumbling over my name. I smile casually, though uncertain what is hard about repeating syllables. Unless, this mare had a stutter of sorts, which seemed highly likely. I feel no need to correct her, in case she would struggle more with the repetitive name. Elsa. The name is soft, easy, feminine, and strangely fitting to her pallid appearance. The sound strikes no memory, resonates nothing, just begins painting new thoughts on a blank canvas. I am fairly sure, especially since she did not know me, that I had never met this girl. Strangers on the same level then, unlike Ros and I.

"Not long," I respond to her question quickly. I could not, for the life of me, be certain if my quick examination of her had been long enough to come off as stalkerish hovering. Though, from the surprise of her stance I would assume she never noticed. Maybe, though, she had been hoping I would ignore her and startled when her stalker started speaking. Women are confusing, I am confused, and this is hard. I choose to believe that she has no idea, and would have no reason to question my short timed advance.

I look around the forest, eyes darting to branches that seemed familiar but were not. "Do you know where we are?" I ask, hoping she could fill in the missing details of my memory. This is a lot to expect from a stranger, but I had nothing else to call upon. My "siblings" were nowhere to be seen, and my father was likely doing important God-like things. In short, I am a lone traveler. I am just glad that she does not seem as hostile as the black and white male I encountered by the strange rotunda.

{ @[Elsa] }

Messages In This Thread
grips of the cold - by Elsa - 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Hototo - 09-17-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Elsa - 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Hototo - 10-07-2014, 02:52 PM