the Rift

[PRIVATE] Skull Smasher

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
grief never mended
any broken bones

The land is no longer as beautiful as it had been the day that the warrior arrived at this place. The vibrant colors that spill over the land have faded with the approach of winter; clear pools of water have become stagnant with the onslaught of fallen leaves as the season progresses. Not even the rainbows are as abundant as they once were, although one colorful apparition stubbornly remains. Unlike the other illusions, however, this one is not so fake.

A long-limbed hyena cub dashes forwards to disturb a flock of birds, but the rainbow just rolls her eyes at him, returning to her thoughts. She may not traverse the Falls as frequently as she should, but the warrior's sense of duty does not cross her mind as she enters the territory. Picking her way through the remains of a rocky sentinel, the bird takes not of her shifting loyalty towards her own herd. She is pleased to have served them as one of their spies, but she is coming to realize that it is a position no longer suited to her. A dangerous spark ignites in her eye. There is one other that is no longer fit for his position, and the Aztec feels obliged to relieve him of his post. Much like the crumbled mountain that she is navigating through, the malicious bird yearns the same fate upon her enemies.

The peahen is so caught up in her thoughts that she does not realize that the boy seeks her attention. At first all he does is cackle at her, wriggling his body to and fro, but when he realizes that she cannot see him (ignoring him, more like) he swiftly sheds his spotted skin for one equipped with feathers. He puffs out his fluffy little chest before emitting a loud screech. This may be his ugliest form -- especially now that it's replacing his down with patches of feathers -- but it certainly is the loudest.

A crown of green locks spills into her eyes as the Chieftess starts at the shriek. Her feathers wither flares up at the boy's call and it does not resettle when she sees he is still well. That had better have been for a reason, ixiotl, or I'll give you something to scream about. The woman's harsh words are well received by the babe, who clicks his beak in fear. He isn't sure that he wants to alert the dangerous bird of his find now, but the venom that she projects through the bond tells him otherwise. Tell me now before I make you tell me.

The boy redirects her intense gaze with a croak, twisting his head to peer into the waters beside him. Black talons clutch onto the rim of a deep pool, and the rougarou tightens their grip on the edge as he leans towards it. His little beak breaches its surface, disturbing some of the leaves that float atop it and revealing something metallic near the bottom. A chocolate orb rolls back to study his mother, mentally urging her onwards when he senses her hostility fade to something more manageable. Come see, his eyes seem to say.

Driven by curiosity more than obedience, the towering beauty steps closer to the pool. A pair of rusted chains rest at the bottom of it, and blue audits prick forwards with interest. What have we here?

Plunging her crown into the murky fluids without a second thought, the bird struggles to grasp the amulets with her lips. When at last she has secured them she jerks her head back, dispelling any excess water from her naves with a snort. All the while the startled chick gapes at her with an open maw, uncertain as to how one should process her reaction. What the hell just happened?

The wet vixen places her catch on the damp ground, taking in her find with as much greed as a dog to a bone. Whereas one trinket is short, fat, and golden, the other is long, thin and silver. The former appears to be some sort of symbol meant to represent a sun, but what the second one must symbolize is beyond the radiant hybrid. Just for show, I guess? Or is there magic at work here?Unable to make that decision for herself, the bird turns to the boy for his thoughts. For the second time today, he is uncertain of how to react to her.

"Well don't just gape at me. Tie them in my tail, at least!" Her exclamation is meant to be internal, but the sudden outburst is due to the rush of emotion coming from the boy. "Confused, are you? Well don't be. Just do as I ask." A green tail cuts through the air as impatience settles in around the maiden. Immediately, the rougarou grasps the fatter treasure and moves to knot her hair around it. Her banner is certainly long enough.

"more words."

{@[Oxy]
ixiotl -- "scum."
Bellona has found her Sun Amulet for 75 posts, and I am also claiming a Moon Amulet for her thread of the month prize.}

Bellona & Mictla
alan l @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
Skull Smasher - by Bellona - 09-17-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Skull Smasher - by Oxy - 09-19-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Skull Smasher - by Bellona - 09-26-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Skull Smasher - by Oxy - 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM