the Rift

[OPEN] One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Were she smarter, she might have thought the pegasus’ bow to be mocking or disdainful, the way he fell to his knees before her nothing more than a sham. But mocking or not, the queen held her head high and watched him commit himself to the task. Her steady gaze remained upon him, head held level, eyes dropping down. The frost drake below watched, wings still spread, stance still protective, as the last sounds of her music box drifted off. The foreboding end to the song was matched by the foreboding look in the king emeritus’ eyes; yet, the queen stood strong. She would not be bullied in her own home by some stranger she had once called friend. So while he looked, while he paced, while he tested her right to call herself queen, she watched him with silent determination. If this was her test, she would pass. She could be strong, given the chance, she only had to have a cause she could rally behind. This was certainly one of them.

So when his hateful words finally came, biting against her, she hardly even flinched. Old habits die hard, of course, and the shimmer of a growing tear began to rest on the corner of her eye- but she would not cry. Or, at least, she told herself she wouldn’t. And, in fact, his words found an anger in her that she did not remember she possessed. Perhaps it was because he had known her when she had just arrived, when she had still claimed some of the personality she had been given in Satan’s cathedral in Avalon as her own. But two years had seen her grow and change, the darkness that had been instilled within her from a young age had dissolved. But perhaps there were flickers of the strength and callousness she had known back then still hiding within her, since her mouth opened, ready to snap back at him in aggression. How dare he come here and open his mouth so freely.

But she was saved from doing something stupid, something childish and spontaneous, with the arrival of her king. Oh, that very king she had been seeking when she came back to the Edge… what joy that she had found him, but now was not the time to reopen old wounds and try to repair the damage that had settled there. Her words could wait.

As Kaj strode between then, Khan scuttled backwards from his hooves, gurgling out some draconian caw at the beast who dare to try and trample him. Kahlua did nothing to quiet him, upholding her history of inattentive mother, so the chattering went on for a few moments as Kaj spoke and moved to stand beside her. But still the queen was silent, weighing new words as Thor offered apologies to an angry outburst. But how could she not forgive him? She was certain there were times she had burst with emotion only to immediately regret what she had said. She tipped her nose to him, but did not go so far as to extend a muzzle like Kaj. She had been attacked, her feelings hurt, and though she may happily call him friend again in time, she was still a mass of confusion and fright in the moment.

“It doesn’t matter who deemed me fit,” she said then when all of the males had finished speaking, not willing to let Thor’s angry questions go unanswered. This time, she did not shuffle closer to Kaj and turn her muzzle to pull strength from him. She had her own and she would use it. “My herd, my king,” she inclined her muzzle just slightly towards Kaj, “deem me fit now, and that is enough.” How to say the next part without hurting him? She doubted she could, though she would try, but she felt in her heart that she needed to show her superiority to him now so that he would not rise up against her in the future. “I think I understand better than you what shoes and duties I fill here. I know the weights of this position as much as you must have felt them, and we must be somewhat the same in that we ran from them when they became too much, but I’m different than you in one aspect.” She paused a moment, just a breath, the rub of her companion against her leg her strength his time as she finished. “I come back.”

Her ears rose from her head then, the tear that had dared to form shrinking away. She was regal in the morning light, her head held high and her body strong, the queen the moon goddess might have imagined Kahlua to be when the Lady of the Night had named the Sunshower to this position. “As Kaj says, you are welcome to join us, the Edge is your home as much as it is mine, but you would do well to remember that our plans for the herd are not, and do not have to be, Mirage’s plans for the herd. I am not her, and don’t dare to try to be her, but I am capable… just as she was.” And with that the queen fell silent, a sigh drifting from her lips, which dared to turn up into a smile. The effort to be strong, to defend herself, her home, her king, her leadership, had taxed her even in only the few moments she had been speaking, and she just wanted to be herself again. Slowly, she dared to reach out her nose, to offer it to Thor in a show of kindness, a show of welcoming, if he would accept it after she had responded so strongly to his demands. And then, cautiously, she stepped back, allowing him passage into the Edge if he would wish it. His home, if he wanted it.

Kahlua
Here Comes The Sun
Schwartze @ Da

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Thor - 09-18-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-19-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Thor - 09-19-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-19-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Thor - 09-19-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kaj - 09-20-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-21-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Thor - 09-22-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kaj - 09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: One Life [Open/ Kaj, Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-28-2014, 07:11 PM