the Rift

[PRIVATE] Meet Your Match

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The judgment was too obvious, the gold should have known better. Even still, the copper man kept his flawless face. Not a shift was seen that Thief’s face. As he continues his long stare out over the water, the gold relinquishes, in a mixed mood. There was of course a hint of disappointment. How could there not? To have found his boss man lower in skill than even himself would have been too good to hope for. Still, to be matched by this man in ability to ignore stares, to consciously appear unconcerned, and take all in stride, well it was a satisfying feeling. Not one the golden was always comfortable with, but still, he could find no immediately aggression in his chest towards this man. Unless of course, in the form of competition.

As last the copper man turns back to look upon the golden. A smile graces his lips and utter pleasantness sweeps his stare. A question of experience is posed, and it took what he could not to laugh haughtily. Instead a curt nod of those twin horns and short, “This has been my trade for quite a while now.”Information is valuable. The gold may have given the copper man a point for holding exceedingly well under his stare, but if was information he sought he would have to try a lot harder. You see the gold being a judge here, a man trying to snare the other in a trap. It is his nature. The beast does not deal with authority very well. So in some twisted way his game with the copper man was reflecting such, a struggle to brace his ego in the situation he put himself. Especially with the previous nod to his skill, the competition had grown more necessary. Which is possibly why the next topic arises.

The golden son at last relinquishes the stare and turns and looks out across the water himself. Though he had heard of phis peer’s stealths (what a detestable term peers is, he concludes), nothing had been heard of any work by this copper man. Not that all secrets would be spilled, but there had to be something. Perhaps this copper man was not so good at the more verbal parts of their ranks as the golden. Time to find out. So he shows his own skills in the art of deception. “I fear I must admit though, the time has not taught me everything.” You see how easily he is able to lie about even his biggest trait, a present himself as a humble sleuth. What a clever golden son, he praises himself. “Perhaps in training, I might try my stealth skills with yours?” The golden was a devil, saying instead to himself, that in such competition the gold would prove the threat he brought to this copper man. Prove his was the better.

OOC :: I just realized how horrible that last post was. XD I'm so sorry. Hopefully this makes up for it.
"speech"
@[Roland]

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Meet Your Match - by Thranduil - 09-21-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Roland - 09-21-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Roland - 09-23-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Thranduil - 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Roland - 09-28-2014, 09:47 PM
RE: Meet Your Match - by Thranduil - 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM