the Rift

[OPEN] It's been awhile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia had bad memories of this place, but she had a feeling that Kri was no longer here - not if Midas had met her as the leader last time. After meeting Gaucho, and coming to the realization that he was not a slow asshole but just slow, he had told her more about this place which suggested that it had changed. She wanted to see for herself. Once upon a time she had served this herd as a sleuth with a little mare named Xira. What seemed like ages ago for others, seemed like yesterday for her.

Her hooves made soft indentations on the sand, seeing remnants of a wall that she had seen before. Mauja had been held here... Apparently it was on this stretch of beach that he had disappeared into the water, leaving her alone after she had started to feel close. Ophelia felt her heart harden again, much the same way it had when her mother died. Though the memories would always remain, there was no use dwelling on the disappointments of the past.

Besides the wall, not much had changed. She could still see the Oasis in the distance. The afternoon sun was wan overhead, promising orangemoon storms and cold nights. Tinek, recognizing this place as well, jumped from her back and ran around in the sand, rolling in it while Ophelia made a face.

"I simply do not understand how you tolerate those grains getting between your scales...." she hummed.

"Ithcy scatches..." was his only response.

Ophelia snorted and shook her head. She grew to loathe the sand and how it got everywhere and in everything. Her hair would get dry and hand in tendrils, and her skin would chafe. While not a particularly vain creature, Phi was normal in enjoying being comfortable. Absently she wondered if Gaucho would come again or if someone else would. Midas, perhaps? Though she had heard rumors that he had perhaps moved on.

[[Academy setup thread! Mirage/Whit, you are welcome to crash this too if we want to make one thread out of it!

@[Sohalia]
]]
Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 09-25-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM