the Rift

[OPEN] It's been awhile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

If Ophelia had been interested enough to read her thoughts, she would have been amused at the mare's devotion to the simple stallion. She used simple as a term for how he handled his emotions, not his level of intellect. He was a good fighter, and you had to be smart to fight smart. But, he was reactive, emotional, unable or unwilling to control his temper, and in this way, Ophelia found him to be simple. She would never be a threat to their relationship, no matter how much his gaze lingered because she simply was not interested. He was a puzzle, but one easily unraveled once she looked into his mind.

Maybe there was more to him, but that was not for her to find out.

The sound of a bird screeching caught her attention, and she looked up. It was the most beautiful bird she had honestly ever seen before. Did such creatures live here now? They didn't the last time she had visited. The answer to her question walked toward here with confidence and grace, as if she know her own steps and her own land with as much reliance as Ophelia had in her memories. She was truly beautiful, and that hurt inside.

She was not vain. Not jealous. Not petty. Ophelia saw the beauty, inside and out, beauty she no longer had. She was damaged, and this dove was perfect. Her light only made Ophelia look dirty, stained like the bloody ends of her hair. The pale princess' expression turned to stone, an enigmatic mask betraying nothing beneath and nothing of importance. Even the light in her eyes was dulled, almost vacant but still with a note of tragedy ringing in the blue and red colors.

The mare referred to Tinek, and Ophelia snorted in amusement. "He hatched here," she replied. "I assumed he missed it, but I had no realization that he missed it quite this much."
The dragon stopped rolling and returned to Ophelia, grinning widely, happily, at the new stranger. Some of his happy-go-lucky attitude, learned from Comadre, was showing through again.

When she introduced herself as the leader of the Dragon's Throat, she raised a brow. So the leadership had changed. While she had assumed Kri had gone, only because she hadn't heard of any wars going on (and lets be honest, Kri attracted conflict). But this was very new. "Ophelia the Forsaken," she replied. "Daughter of Paladin the Valiant, former leader of the Foothills and the Grey." This mare, as a lead, would want to know. The only reason why Ophelia introduced herself this way was to sate others' curiosity - there was little pride in her words.

"Also, former Sleuth for this herd under the leadership of Kri when my sister and I were still very young." Phi inclined her head. "Please to make your acquaintance." The mare paused, wondering why she was here and how honest she should be about her intentions. "I came to pay homage to the God of the Sun, to sate curiosity, and perhaps see a friend who invited me here..." Friend was putting it strongly.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 09-25-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: It's been awhile - by Sohalia - 10-11-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: It's been awhile - by Ophelia - 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM