the Rift

The Streets of Rome are Burning

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Emperor. Hadn't that been what I'd exactly become? Yes. Yes, yes, yes. The crown orbiting my skull put these words into meaning, and will stamp out the lies and out cries of anyone who dare not see me in all my glory. I am above all else now. Nonbelievers will have to pay for their sins when I come to take rightful throne. I'd come so far, so where's the wine? The slaves? There weren't even stone streets here, and as if I was some sort of fucking peasant working in the farmland outside of the great cities, I'm expected to walk across the bare ground. I am the Emperor. There is no wrong to this thought, but my empire is lacking. Empires are built upon the backs of slaves and lower classes, and the brilliant minds such as myself. This must be hell or some shabby excuse of a domain with short minded sovereignty wherever there was a sign of class.
Disgusting, like brutal, ruthless, uneducated barbarians had taken over the place.
Hmph. Sounds like Germanics.
At that, I can't help but laugh. If there had been friends and families about me, settled well into deep conversation with philosophy spoken highly, I would of wasted no time in adding it to conversation for humour and praise. Chances are, with such high status that I hold, it's not see how I wouldn't be praised. The thought of that alone creeps a steady smile over fire sprayed features and makes this place less of a hell hole.
It's cold. Shivers harass and torment every inch of me without relief, but I refuse to stoop down to the levels of others and become ugly. Thick hairs have already come around and about this time, I'm getting more done with how I'm expected to live. No, this is nothing as of how the Emperor lives. I want my palace, my slaves, my people and friends.
Night birds have began to beg for my attention, asking for my dazzling emerald eyes to grace their presence in the night air. What good would it be if I even did turn an eye to them? Nothing. Only a select few need my grace, and they don't fill in the places that others fit into perfectly. I couldn't even see them in the dark and the woods(which myth and lore have made more frightening now that they're real), so what's even the point?
"Oh, my people! Your Emperor has arrived!"
It's the only sensible way to call forth the masses and set them straight, seeing as I'm not important enough to receive a truly grand welcome as I should. I will give them time, striking a pose, head held high, crown glittering in the moonlight, absolutely prepared for the worshipping masses to flock to my glorious presence for my sole attention.

OOC: Narcissism, anyone? Haha... Open to anyone. She'll get better when I get a better grasp of her.

Messages In This Thread
The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-22-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-24-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM