the Rift

The Streets of Rome are Burning

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
weakness in the flesh, misery in the bones

She is a darting comet, glorious in her broad array of colors and feathers as she creates her own path through the Threshold. It has been so long since she has last been here, but her memories of this place are plentiful. This is where the galloping woman met Gull, after all. Where is that marauder? Have I not invited him back with me by now? Although it is true that she yearns for his presence, she seeks comfort in the grullo's absence for now. As much as I will never admit to you, you confuse me with your words, and frighten me with your advances. How have you managed to get under my skin like this? Why do I feel for you in this way?

The bird's concern for this man -- or rather, her reactions to him -- do not go unnoticed by the fumbling babe upon her back. The spotted cub is sprawled across her shoulders, one leg clamped on either side of the speeding maiden's neck. He shakes his broad head as if to clear it, meaning to get rid of his mother's intimate memories of the silver-tipped stag but instead causing him to lose his balance. A frightened yip escapes from his maw as a result, and he scrambles to reclaim his seat.

Stop that, you're making this uncomfortable! The bird snaps at the boy, lacking the patience to deal with his misfortune. The panicking pup is about to form an emotional retort when his mount suddenly slides to a stop, propelling him forwards and slamming him into a thick wall of hair. Something isn't right.

Blue naves work furiously to take in air, and the boy gasps as he tries to fill his collapsed lungs. Can you smell that, Mictla? The boy tries to convey his exasperation at such a stupid question -- of course he can't smell anything, he can hardly breathe! -- but he doesn't get a chance to form a coherent thought. The Chieftess lurches forwards at a trot, her head held high and ears craned forwards. She can detect some sort of sound up ahead, but she cannot discern what is causing it. A particularly dense group of trees is muffling the noise, and should the maiden wish to discover what lies before her, she will have to go around. This wood is such a nuisance. I'd leave it be if we didn't require more members.

Almost as soon as she has rounded the small copse of trees, a particularly audacious proclamation permeates the air. The chieftess' penetrating stare falls upon the 'Emperor's' rather feminine form, taking note of her almost ashen appearance and slight build. A snort escapes the woman's stunning architecture. This damsel is certainly unimpressive in stature, although her temperament seems to make up for that.

"There are some who would challenge you for that title, girl, and others who would just laugh in your face. I cannot say I will do either." A weary glance turns to the tiger, and the hybrid pins her ears in response to her demands. So this is what I had detected earlier. "Although apparently there are some who will make foolish demands of an Emperor, too." At this the bird turns on the cat, opening her maw and flashing her feathers in the only way she knows how to intimidate someone. The hyena is unsure of how to respond to his mother's aggressive actions, so he decides to remain where he is. The pretty lady has never been one to enjoy others' company.

"talk talk talk"
{I'll get better, I promise ;-; @[Pompeii]}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-22-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-24-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM