the Rift

The Streets of Rome are Burning

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Coils of patience are being set to the mercy of flames by now. I've been waiting long enough, and none come have to see me, to bow, to admire and subcome to my glorious presence in all of my grace and beauty. Teeth are steadily beginning to grit at this point. Punishment is going to need to be enforced if this is to continue-
Oh, look the beasts must of escaped the gladiator fights. The exotic creature before me catches my eye like it would any other day. To see them in the wild is nothing but rare, and I can't lie at a time like this, I'm intrigued, and it'd make a hell of a pet if I could only get it belong to me.
Then it talks, and I've lost interest. Rude, as if the beast whose blood is naturally split to bring my friends and I amusement thinks it can control me. Eat me? I think not. Muscle is disgusting and my feminine figure is well kept enough not to bring salvation to a hungry stomach. It's easy to see why they make good to kill now. I can just see this one as a lovely carpet, maybe even a cape. The thought alone has a wicked smile on my face, but like a good leader must do, it's in my subject's best interests to be complimented even if the walking, talking carpet is getting on my nerves and refusing to bow.
"Oh, how exotic!" Am I really saying this? They don't need my pity, my love, nor any passion added to their presence. What's that old saying? It's better to be feared than loved? I need to strike fear soon, but getting a lot of affection and admiration at the free will of subjects sounds nice about this time."You must be a pet of someone of high standing, definitely to try to assert your dominance over myself."
Jupiter save this beast's soul if they don't take my compliment to heart. It's getting cold, and with the chills atop my beautiful body worsening, then that hide of their's will go so far.
More come, and this one. Oh, yes! This one here! I love her instantly. Such beauty, and such-
Is everyone in this quisquilian kingdom sharing the same personality? Someone needs to add literature to their life. Do they even erect buildings and statues here?
She wins me over when she chooses to speak wisely. A laughter, teasing, mocking her but showing that I'll take her places if she stays smart in this fashion, wastes no time in gracing those beautiful audibles of her's. She'd make a good patrician, maybe General who sits back and relaxes in luxury like the rest of us while the poor and useless slaughter themselves senseless on the battle field.
"I am no girl, nor am I an idiot. I am a philosopher made Emperor, exactly as I deserve. Do you not see the crown? What makes me have a high standing as the Gods themselves?" A wave of my head allows my grand crown to be shown before their jealous eyes, which I'm sure are glued exactly to me. Why wouldn't they be? "I am the great Pompeii, descendant of Ayhmi and a male none the less a god. Who might you be, pretty birdy? Do you own the xanthodontous beast here?"
Latin feels so sweet on my lips, and I could get drunk off of it just as easy as I can wine.She'd make a good owner, and possibly I could even let her part ways with the creature so that I might stay warm in the next cold time.

OOC:
Quisquilian: Worthless
Xanthodontous: Yellow toothed
@[Saffron] @[Bellona]

Messages In This Thread
The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-22-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Pompeii - 09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Saffron - 09-24-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: The Streets of Rome are Burning - by Bellona - 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM