[OPEN] The Masquerade [Hidden Falls Spy Meeting]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty runs clear to the bone.

Delicate lips press closed at the last of her words, giving the dark mare a chance to break the eerie silence that the bird has brought on with her news. Her greeting before that was not kind, that is true, but she admires the horned wreath's inability at taking offence. The colorful maiden may not enjoy having to report to her, but at least they can get along just fine. If the glistening beauty can get her way, too, she will no longer be required to turn to her "superiors" for guidance, anyway.

Tell me, Mictla what is a land full of warriors worth if there is no one to lead them? The boy, who is mulling over the significance of their terrified attackers, gives no reply, not that he is capable of doing so anyway. The bird ignores the fact that she can sense his lack of interest in her, choosing to regard his silence as ignorance instead. It is nothing but missed opportunities, and great beings laid to waste. I will not let our supporters sit idle any longer, though; I will claim the throne that has been left for me in the gold- and red's absences, and I will rule as I was meant to before my temple burned.

If there will be no one else to care for the Falls as she has, then the Aztec certainly deserves this position. Her heart races at the faintest thought of it, but she will not let her excitement overcome her. Instead of alerting the ever-watchful Sleuth of her traitorous goals, the clever vixen makes use of the skills she has acquired since joining the raven's rank. Yet even with these skills carefully applied, the Chieftess cannot completely veil the wicked grin that insists on forming. All she can do about it is hope that it comes off as a grimace more than an act of deceit.

Luckily -- or perhaps not so luckily -- the glittering brute's entrance is more than enough to aid her in her treachery. The wall that had been placed in the effort of concealing her emotions gives way under the incredible weight of her shock, even going so far as to make the Aztec's maw drop open. Moments pass before she is able to even comprehend his being here, but it is not until he speaks that she has regained the ability to think. What in itzcoatl's name are you doing here? Why did you not stay where you were?

As much as she yearns to send him sprawling back into the abyss from whence he came, the lady has at least a small shred of dignity left over from her initial shock; she will not undermine this man while he still has some form of power. Short ears drift back to convey some of her annoyance, though they do not remain there to emit her defiance. A day will come when I will not be obligated to submit to you, but today is not that day.

"On this island." Her response is brief (yet somewhat curt), and she does not allow her stare to linger on his painted form. She has seen enough of this man in meetings and confrontations; she does not wish to see him now. Redirecting her gaze to the other pegasus with all the questions, the maiden replies to her in a tone much more generous in warmth. "There were only worms, I assure you. A strange wind did clear the meadow of their bodies, and now that I think back on it, the grass did rot before they came, but other than that there was nothing else."

The hybrid's feathery cape twitches at the mention of alerting the herd, and although she can agree that that is a necessary step to take, she can't help but feel bitter about it. She condones to the mare's (rather half-hearted) suggestion regardless. "It would be very unfortunate, yes. Let's waste no time in delivering this news." The beauty turns to her Czar, almost forgetting that she is loathing him for something. "At your word, Midas, I think we should go."

"Talk talk talk."

{Nothing against you ladies! She's just getting ambitious! @[Midas]}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Masquerade [Hidden Falls Spy Meeting] - by Bellona - 10-06-2014, 08:42 PM