the Rift

Lady Moon so High

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Flashes of red, orange, and dying yellow flail about the sky until at last the sun sinks below the horizon. At last the world can breath easier. A cold sigh of night rolls through even the southern grounds of this world. Muted purples and blues blanket the world and snug it in tightly. All is dark and calm, but for the moving golden son. A moving ghost of the sun himself, the golden picks a quick two beat across the land bridge connecting Helovia to the volcanic isle. This was no lazy stroll though, with a fast paced beat he covers ground with a vigorous need. The moon would be rising soon, and he would not miss this chance. He could not miss this chance.

It had been so frustrating, and irritating that day in the presence of the God of Earth. So many knew his looks immediately. So many looked on him with recognition. And yet, so many knew different lies. What if one day they spoke of that golden son, and discovered the golden’s truer form. One closer to deception, and lies than he preferred anyone know. It was not a risk the gold enjoyed feeling, and so he had thought for days now, how to overcome this effect. The result was this journey to see the Goddess of the Moon herself.

Four crumbling shadows right up on the mountain side, but the golden does not go to them. No, for this the gold needed to be closer to the Gods. One cloven hoof then stepped gingerly on the clouds. Eyes still suspicious of them, but trusting enough to let it carry him without further concern. Looking up the gold marveled once more at the isle in the sky. It was a land filled with the peaceful caresses of cherry blossoms, who even now still clung to some of their blooms. The land needed it. The since of terror and fear infiltrated the gold’s mind in remembering the stampede of animals in the Basin. A vague thought wondered if it had been due with something, or rather someone, immortal. Those were thoughts for later though.

Stepping off his cloud transport the golden once again steps up to a graceful sweeping two beat. Moving body knew exactly where he was headed. The answer to his dilemma had given the golden such a wondrous smile, that it still persisted on his lips. Not only would it conceal him, but it could open the doors to more trouble than anyone ever imagined one horse could cause. Simply because, he would be more than one. A playful toss throws his twin horned head into the air, as at last he come to his destination.

It had been a while since the golden had been to this place. That warm night in summer filled with song, and delight. His had been more separate, here, in the peace of a small stream, besides a cherry blossom tree. A whole season ago the same golden man had come to this spot and laid before the eclipsed moon a song of her. Now, he hoped, the place would remind her of the good favor. Of all the Gods, she was most aligned with him, so it why he waited unsettled like for the moon to rise above the horizon of the isle. It was a small light, then the moon rose large and full, climbing in the sky. The shifting of the gold settled. Excitement tingled his spine. Would that dark Goddess answer? Time to find out.

“Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
Now showing your pale moonlight.
Keeper of the shadows and of the dark,
Ruler of those with dark hearts.
Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
I am the golden man so sly.
Your dark and mysterious ways I do keep,
Darkness does not mean a time for sleep.
So now I come before your light,
To seek your company tonight,
That I might find what I seek,
To have some of your ways and your name keep.
For you are the Goddess of the Moon so high,
This I shall not deny.”

The golden son now finished did smile to moon rising high. Waiting to hear if she would answer his small rhyme, remembering the kindnesses not long done, and hoping she’d see how alike are she and he.

OOC :: EEEK! So excited! I am turning in my VOTG pass for a quest from the Goddess of the Moon for the following magic:
::[Magic: Dark |Can mimic another character’s appearance and voice exactly]
::[Restrictions | Can only remember three identities at a time. Lasts two posts in battle.]
Feel free to add the restriction of needing to touch the character in order to 'capture' their identity. I meant to add this originally but forgot. So the Goddess can add it if she'd like to screw with him more. xD
WISHLIST
@[Random Event]
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Lady Moon so High - by Thranduil - 09-25-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by God of the Moon - 10-07-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by Thranduil - 10-11-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by Random Event - 10-15-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by God of the Moon - 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by Thranduil - 10-20-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by God of the Moon - 10-25-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Lady Moon so High - by Thranduil - 11-13-2014, 05:26 PM