the Rift

Plenty of Midnight Oil...

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

....Did that hurt you...?

In all supreme honesty, Zikar-Sin hadn’t quite understood the reasoning behind his Mistress’s urgent requests to contact their Lord of Time. True, he had witnessed the rather impressive display of the hordes of stampeding wildlife—or, at the very least, he had witnessed the aftermath of such an event; indeed, great swaths of land were trampled and beaten flat underneath the feet of so many frightened animals. And, of course, the smell was quite an overpowering, deliciously intricate affair as he began to differentiate between the different types of mountain goat that were present and layered within the cloud of scents. All in all, Sin had seen it in a very academic perspective; it was all so very interesting, to see prey and predator animals alike engage in the same stampeding frenzy! Oh, what a phenomena indeed!

…However, his Lady did not seem to be taking it the same way. She had come to him dreadfully agitated; it seemed as though she were sensing another layer to this natural mystery. What layer, Sin couldn’t quite pinpoint; the terror of the creatures around him floated teasingly above his head, a secret he couldn’t divulge in, no matter how hard he may have worked to see it. Where one creature would have the sense to bolt-- why, he would stand by, docile and wide-eyed, and count the teeth of the monster stalking him.

Regardless of her reasoning, Sin obliged his lady, and now he stood within this sacred cave that he could never entirely claim for himself; a hallowed place with an aura of the other that found ways to escape mortal understanding. He cleared his throat, gazing into the fathoms of the Mirror of Time (intrigued, as he always was, by its unusual properties—oh, if only he were allowed to thoroughly perform studies on it!), Sin carefully considered how to phrase the invocations of his first-ever formal Seeing.

“God of the Spark, Lord of Time….On this eve, we prepare to honor your land and celebrate the prosperity that has been possible by your ministrations. We only hope that our revels please you and that our boughs and pillars remain ever straight…” He paused, then, for a fraction of a second, still somewhat unsure of the Lady Illynx’s anxiety. “However, I must ask for a little more. The world seems most out of sorts; fear has permeated the air, the creatures of the earth act not as they should. By your power, I seek a sign, some hint of the future or that which will be, so that we may prepare ourselves to meet it….”

[@[Random Event] -- Seasonal Convening! Please let me know if I've done something wrong!

@[Illynx] ]

...Forgive Me...

Messages In This Thread
Plenty of Midnight Oil... - by Zikar-Sin - 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Plenty of Midnight Oil... - by Illynx - 09-26-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Plenty of Midnight Oil... - by Random Event - 10-15-2014, 01:56 PM