the Rift

[OPEN] ACID LIGHTS

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Code:
Sikeax;
Orangemoon shook the trees like it would do every year, knocking down endless amounts and foliage until nothing but bare limbs disguised as bony fingers kept the sky from staring down below, squinting so that it might see the going-ons of those once imperceptible below. Blue light illuminated my path, radiating from the spear mounted to my cranium that never let me wander the dark without a guiding light. Cicadas hums rhythmicly like a gentle lullaby. Eyelids won't dip down at their song this time, wide awake and on edge as the indigo hues blanketed the world, preparing everyone and everything to sleep.
Yet, I'm the one who won't sleep. The nips in the cooling air kept me alert, sounds of moving, unseen and unknown things that go bump in the dark made me stand tall on toes that where really hooves. Pretty, petite ears swivel at their post like soldiers on guard. A thick, matted tail flicks restlessly behind me hide. Distantly, an owl asks 'Who?' with no answer.
Not me, is all I answer, unsure of myself after the conversation with Stranger. Whoever he was, his name is Stranger. He had no need to tell me who he was, and I saw no reason to. Another 'who?' proads curiosly.
Curiosity killed the cat, but the cat killed the bird.
I stop myself. Ears pop forward because I'm not hearing my own footsteps now. It's someone else. Someone else in the woods, where I can't see them. Fear hits me like a sledgehammer to the chest, but instead, that's really a loud sneeze. Illness hasn't pardoned me despite the desperate attempts of my herbs. Peppermint gives my breath a new odor, but I haven't met anyone set on smelling my breath. This cold has lasted a little longer than expected, but at least it's becoming more of Orangemoon allergies than sickness.
They keep coming, my leg muscles tensing up more now. I wonder if they're stronger now, from how much I'm scared of meeting someone that could be what I must of been in the past. I must of been ugly, hideous, disgusting, nothing of myself just for Sacre to call me a monster upon seeing me.
The owl is gone now, and here, the owner of those footsteps in closer now. Through the dying foliage is a man, winged but just about all of my friends and family members are these days. I'm nothing but a foreign object to them.
A runny nose is cleared with a snort, one I don't really mean to do. I'm food, because if I wasn't, then that Cougar wouldn't of tried to kill me, and I wouldn't be wounding another one of my friends. As food, I don't need to make a scene, do nothing more than get fat and feed the predators. The ribs showing under a champagne pelt shows that I can't achieve that.
"H-Hello..?" Nothing but worthless whispers, hoping I can get by on my scene by talking for a few minutes and then leaving. When they don't put mind to me, against all of my wishes because I know my heart is screaming within my chest that 'you're gonna get hurt, or hurt someone else again,' I stupidly and nowhere never bravely put a stride out, slowly walking to them like a submissive creature who is curious.

OOC: Would you like me to tag you?
@[Thor]
Someday when we're very old, you'll see me buried in fresh snow
darkheart9595, lyotta & larfsalot @deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
ACID LIGHTS - by Thor - 09-26-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: ACID LIGHTS - by Sikeax - 09-27-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: ACID LIGHTS - by Thor - 09-27-2014, 09:32 PM