the Rift

[OPEN] And then there was ice....
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
It was different from Fina’s egg. Yar, she had been encased in a creamy shell without markings to distinguish what creature rested inside. This one was white and blue, the hues of northerners. I gently lowered the bundle to earth, cradling it tenderly. From the moment I laid eyes upon this site my soul had realized the gravity of what was about to occur – it weighted upon my mind now. Questions, doubts. Was it even possible for a spirit to be split again? A bond was meant to last a lifetime, yar, and there was usually only one capable of forming such a bond in a single lifetime. Yet here was another little guide – it sought the mate to its soul and found mine a suitable receptor.

I frowned a little, glancing toward the broken mother and my brilliant companion who was now watching the egg with steady interest. It was in that moment that said mother vanished from our view; nay, not vanished. Melted! Into the ground. A flurry of ice and snow rose on the breeze, gleefully it came forward to tease the fur around my muzzle. Fina chortled, surprised. Her mighty wings spread as if to take flight; yet her talons are still firmly grounded.

After a moment the zephyr was gone from view and the feeling of her presence had also faded. We were alone. Fina turned to me, wordlessly I met her gaze with a small smile forming.

Looks like we were going to have more than one little voice in our minds…and soon.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
And then there was ice.... - by Random Event - 09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: And then there was ice.... - by Midas - 09-30-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: And then there was ice.... - by Random Event - 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: And then there was ice.... - by Midas - 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM