the Rift

[OPEN] Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Since obtaining the precious egg from the God of the Earth, Apollo felt no reason as to why he should leave the floating, heavenly Isle. This place, this paradise-in-the-sky would be the perfect place to watch over the egg nestled at his side, the perfect place for the creature, whatever it may be that lurked within the fragile shell, to see the world with its very own eyes upon hatching. So, no. Apollo felt no reason to leave, and his heart was alight with excitement and peace. It was a rejuvenating feeling, a welcome contradiction to the heavy mantle of melancholy that had been prone to weighing him down in the recent past.

A smile was stationed on the stallion's dark lips, orbs of gentle, honey-brown focused on the egg that he lay beside. It was pressed intimately against the side of his ink-blotched barrel, safe in his hypothetical embrace, roosting in a nest of soft grasses, reeds, and vines. The Merciful's velveteen muzzle lipped at the hard shell of the egg like the gentle caress of a lover, nostrils flaring as he took in the earthy scent that it seemed to give off.

"Soon, my little ball of earth," Apollo murmured, his grin growing broadly as he spoke to whatever creature lay inside, "Soon, you'll greet this world and its beauty, and I'll teach you all that I can." Already the overo felt close with his charge, his heart swooned and taken by the innocent being. It knew nothing of the world, save it's tiny abode. It would be up to him to teach his Companion the ways of the world, to teach him or her what was 'wrong', and what was 'right'. It was a daunting task, and one that Apollo wasn't certain he was prepared for... But wasn't that a part of the quest that the God of the Earth had sent him on in the first part?

Learning what intimacy was involved between a bonded pair had been his quest, but this... This was the true test. The thought caused the Merciful to sigh heartily, his barrel expanding and then deflating slowly from where he lay. His quest may be over, but this 'test' would be a never-ending experience.

"We'll handle it together, won't we?" He murmured with a throaty chuckle, nuzzling the egg once more before lifting his head and focusing on his surroundings. There was a breeze about on this fine afternoon, rustling the long, soft grasses of the field he had found his respite in. The sky-bound waterfalls could be heard off in the distance, and the sun shone bright and warm against his ebony hide, contradicting the Orangemoon season. Up here, upon this heavenly Isle, it seemed as though the very concept of a 'season' had little to no meaning.

"Yes... I believe we will, and I believe we'll be just fine."

@[Kirah] @[Bellona]

[ooc: Hope this is alright. xD My absence has been making me rusty!]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open] - by Apollo - 09-30-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open] - by Kirah - 09-30-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open] - by Apollo - 10-02-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open] - by Kirah - 10-02-2014, 05:13 PM