Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia watched her opponent approach with recognition in her strange, two colored eyes. Her memory was a curse. Where others could forget a face and experience that excitement of new, she was forever burdened with remembering all. Elsa was one of these faces, and even though she did not know the name with certainty, she had seen the mare at the top of a hill, smaller than this island in the sky: the heavenly fields. She had been trying to impress the God of the Sun too, and the white pegasus must have left in a way that had not called her attention.

The cream and blue mare was slightly taller, thicker, with a build not quite as lithe as she would describe her own. Ophelia was all long legs and streamlined body, breathing of speed and agility, whereas the pegasus had muscles that breathed softly of musculature, strength and agility. In one way they were similar, and Phi was curious about who would use their quick hooves in the most efficient and damaging way. For that was the point of battle, was it not? To destroy your opponent so that they could no longer destroy you?

Those were the eyes through which she saw battle ever since her experience with Gaucho nearly killing her in the same place she had seen this pegasus mare. The gut clenching vertigo she felt as she nearly fell over the edge of the precipice would forever haunt her nightmares, as would the feeling of snake poison curling through her veins – like the magic Deimos wields. From what she saw, this snow mare was not hiding some venomous creature in her long hair, which would be a detriment in this battle, Phi assumed.

Her opponent’s intentions were stated, compliments given, and Ophelia nodded her head in acceptance. Comrade of snow was an appropriate way to state their given relationship, considering that both seemed to capture the pristine beauty of white in their persona and bodies. The pale princess took a few steps back, feeling Tinek balance along her spine, to allow Elsa forward onto the sand. She felt the grains slide between her toes, reminding her of the tides on which she was born. Ophelia inhaled, almost able to taste the sea in her memories.

Ophelia’s eyes opened once more, gaining clarity as she soothed her nerves, letting her mind and body numb of internal stimulus and focusing on the here and now. “Greetings, Elsa,” she said, unaware of how much she sounded like her father. “I accept.” Phi’s voice was like chimes, innocent and sweet in distinct juxtaposition to the tragedy and cold in her eyes and the numbness in her heart. She was a woman who had given and lost too much and had to bear the consequences of a shattered heart.

Not knowing this Elsa well and unaware of her skill, Ophelia telegraphed her initial attack, letting the winged one know that she was beginning their fight. Her cloven hooves danced across the sand, moving to decrease the distance between the two of them, and Tinek, aware of the movement, leapt from her back and circled behind, behaving much like a sheepdog would in order to provide a psychological push toward his bonded.

Hopefully with the distance closed, Ophelia jumped forward, relying on her lean muscle and speed to put her in a position to use the spiraled weapon upon her brow. Jaws open, she moved to grab some of Elsa’s mane in her mouth, since the tendrils were so long, and regardless of success, she threw her head to the side, threatening to scratch the top of her unicorn’s crown along the winged one’s side. With such broad and feathered wings, Ophelia would have to constantly keep Elsa moving, keep her grounded and at a disadvantage. Maybe, she could use Elsa’s long hair against her, grabbing and pulling if she ever tried to fly…

---------------------------------------------------------------

[654 words] [1/3]
Ophelia aimed to grab Elsa's long hair (profile) in her mouth and scrape her horn along Elsa's side.

Since this is a training spar, I will be giving you pointers in bullet points all the way through. Even though your first post was not an official battle post, I wanted to point some things out!
- Take notice of the details in your opponent's post - for example, I wrote Tinek as being on Ophelia's back. What does she think of dragons? Has she seen one before?
- Why is she practicing and why is she rusty? Any question you post should be resolved at least by the end of the battle. What is she afraid of?
- Be careful about repeating the same word over and over again. For example, instead of saying "winter", you could say "frostfall" or something to that effect. I get bad at this too, so running your post through a word counter that checks for frequently used words helps.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Wan island sun [open] - by Ophelia - 10-01-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Elsa - 10-03-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Ophelia - 10-04-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Elsa - 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Ophelia - 10-11-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Elsa - 10-21-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Ophelia - 10-30-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Official - 11-23-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Wan island sun [open] - by Official - 12-02-2014, 10:19 AM