the Rift

A Place to Call Home

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Was it surprising that I was still someone worth believing in? Had I offered some part of myself to this stranger that was worth trusting or was it just the cold pushing her so quickly into my eager arms? I hoped that she had caught something desperate in my voice, a slight quiver in the tone as it tripped from my tongue in various pitches that pointed to a serious undercurrent I’d been unwilling to humor until now. I needed to believe in myself and by giving me the opportunity to do this one simple task- this mare had handed me a moment that I would not soon forget. I smiled quirkily to myself before nodding to my new companion. At least I wouldn’t have to wander back to the Edge in silence… “The lands themselves can answer all your questions my friend, but if you think you still need convincing on my part, I suppose I can indulge you.” A soft rumble bubbled up from my gut and the awkward chortle that followed in its wake felt like a distant memory being called into remembrance. It was a genuine laugh, one that hadn’t broken the surface of my lips for quite some time.

It was all coming back to me now.

The World’s Edge is quite true to its name; we are at the outer edge of Helovia, facing the sea. Winter can be harsh at times, but with the dense forest and open meadows it’s a beautiful sight to see. Mist creeps up from the sea bed and infiltrates our home on most days, but wait until you see the early morning sunrise ascending above the horizon and casting hazy purple shadows over that mist… You’ll never see anything like it anywhere else.” I knew I sounded like a sap, but if there was anything left in my heart to love, it was the Edge. My mate and mother to my child had been murdered, Mirage had disappeared, my daughter was missing, and I’d lost the throne because of my own wrongdoing- that land was all I had room for anymore. King or not, the World’s Edge had imprinted upon my soul and I owed it my undivided devotion.

With narrowed eyes, I looked back to Rekshana who in turn appeared to be steadily fading into the cold as she peered somewhere out into the vast forest of the Threshold. Her compliments fell short before her and though I nodded silently at her attempt to be civil, I didn’t want to engage an otherwise distracted mare. They were fickle creatures and I knew that better than most though I wouldn’t pretend to assume I knew why. Rekshana appeared just as troubled as I’d felt upon finding myself in her company and I was content to let her inner troubles keep her from me until she felt comfortable enough to regain herself in the present. I could tell that whatever ghosts followed her about often stole her attentions at inappropriate times. But I could relate.

Burdensome you are dear girl, but I think we would be willing to make an exception. Come along, I’m tired of this cold.” A cool smile turned my lips upward and despite the easy deliverance of such jest, I knew that she would notice the soft light burning in my eyes. She was a perceptive mare and I held no reservations when it came to her ability to decipher my dry sense of humor. However, for added measure I motioned softly for her to follow me back to her new home. I knew that she would find a place to belong among us and then most certainly I would see a truer part of her that failed to appear upon first encounters. She possessed a depth that mirrored my own which led me to believe that there thrived a more vibrant being beneath those thick layers of memory and fear.

Welcome home Rekshana.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-02-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-03-2014, 09:43 AM