the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Evangeline certainly hadn’t been humored by my attempt to amuse her. In fact, her dry comeback, though entertaining in its own way, felt like rubbing my face against a cactus… She was definitely contemplating how she felt about finding herself in my company and though I’d only meant to make a joke of the circumstances, the mare and her bonded were airtight against any and all outside interlopers. “They don’t call me the Gentle Heart for nothing dear. Kindness is my middle name.” Smiling at my own jest, I fixed a happy gaze on the dragon and his gatekeeper. What a pair they were, thriving off of one another- more than friends, more than family… They reminded me of Mirage and Akaith in way, though I doubted I’d encounter a more elegant bond than the shadow mare and her companion. I wished them safe in their endeavors now and prayed for their return to the Edge.

However, as mares had a great talent of doing, Evangeline interrupted my reminiscing- no, completely shocked me back into reality. I chocked on a laugh before shuddering and heaving with heartfelt emotion. “Maybe we should have called your little friend ‘The Gentle Heart’ instead. He’s so amiable.” I glanced at the little auburn reptile with chagrin before turning my attention back to the chestnut. “FrostFall has certainly taken its toll this season and I find myself missing the campfires that Mirage, the Edge’s former Weyrleader, used to host during her rule…” My voice seemed to trail off into a whisper recalling my past and the many great friends and family in it. However, I didn’t have long to fester before Evangeline was interrupting once again. Perhaps I was the one being rude, but I couldn’t help my fish-like brain. It tended to stray.

Locking my eyes back on the mare’s shoulder as she mentioned the reasoning behind her strange marking, I contemplated the symbol for a while longer. “Pure you say… do you consider yourself pure Evangeline? I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing such a title with me? I earned my title through leadership as well so now I guess you could say we have something in common.” I wasn’t sure if she’d known me as her Weyrleader simply because I couldn’t say I’d ever seen her in my short time as King and I didn’t plan on gloating or shaming myself by telling her that I’d once reigned over the Edge. The pride and pity that came with those words was just too much to bear.

A loud squawking sounded overhead breaking my train of thought and I glanced fervently to Tallis as he swooped in with another load of tinder. I muttered softly at the dragon for making my heart race before eyeing him as he settled upon Evageline’s back and nestled beneath the safety of her mane. That’s right little rat… I smiled deviously at him as I watched the two, humored and halfway irritated that such a little being could affect me so. However, his curiosity extended beyond torturing me for reasons unknown. My wings had been a thing of pain and suffering when I was a young stud, but Tallis’ interest in them no longer burned a hole through my heart. “I cannot fly nor have I ever. I guess these things are merely for decoration in my case.” I gestured to the fragile imposters with a shrug. I couldn’t miss something I’d never felt.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM