the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

The warmth of the pale winter sun did little to hide the brisk chill of the frozen breeze and I was helpless to escape the mild shudder that rocked my bones in response. I could feel the cold flowering in my marrow and blooming outward, which had become a familiar sensation as of late, hence my mentioning the campfires to Evangeline. However, when she questioned whether or not I’d brought it to the attention of Kahlua or Kaj, I certainly couldn’t tell her that I’d already stepped on their toes enough by asking to return to the Edge. Instead I shook my head and added a quiet, “No.” I didn’t feel the need to justify why I had or hadn’t and simply let the resolution hang limply between us.

The flaxen mare was all but delighted by my forwardness in later questioning though, which now that I thought of it, was completely understandable. But it was still something of an anomaly for me to witness the ruffled feathers of a hen such as Eva. She was clearly a conservative creature and through testing her boundaries, I would become a better friend to her because of it. I didn’t wish to offend her, but knowing the things that upset her was certainly a handy bit of knowledge that would keep me out of trouble should we cross paths again. “I’m sorry to disturb you; won’t happen again...” I gave her a small smile to prove my sincerity before she moved on, probably to extinguish the topic altogether.

However, her next point of interest did little to stimulate my own desire for conversation. I hadn’t wanted to share my past, at least not so soon after gaining the well wishes of a nervous Queen that I refuse to name in fear of her spite. But, how could I tactfully get out of coming forth with such a heavy answer? In truth, I would just have to make it light, as if it were nothing more than a mere hiccup in a life full of greatness. “Right here in the Edge actually. What about you?” I rushed over the words quickly, certain that turning the focus back on Evangeline would make the truth a little less painful. Only time would tell though… only time.

However, I was then presently distracted by the small, narrow face of Tallis as he quietly gazed at me and my misshapen wingspan. My eyes drifted to the forest beyond in hopes that drowning their mention would soothe the mare and her bonded. I knew that many thought my deformity would be a source of discomfort, but in truth, I didn’t think much of them only because I had lost nothing. I was content to remain on the ground with the soft soil beneath my hooves and the green grasses tickling my ankles. It was all I’d ever wanted out of life and therefore these wings of mine were little to pity anymore. “It’s no problem. I was born with them and so I learned to accept them at a young age.” I smiled warmly at the two before once again falling prey to my own wicked imagination where I was once again a righteous King.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM