the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

I had seen that look before; in fact I’d seen all of this before and it was an elusive thing that often plagued my thoughts. Did I really believe that I would find love or happiness again after Tamira and her death- her murder? The welcoming expression that lit Eva’s happy, green globes was not unfamiliar to me any longer because I’d seen it before in eyes of brown. I’d always heard that every love was different, more changed and evolved than the last... But was that what I felt now, love? I couldn’t be sure but the emotion was strong enough to inspire me to seek Eva’s warmth and simple companionship even more. Her company was easy and kind; she was truly a blessing to my old heart.

However, upon sharing Essetia’s memory with the beautiful Emissary, I found a confusing array of emotion flit haphazardly across her face. Something about it made me think she was surprised… but about what? That I had a daughter? That I only had one? I wanted to believe that she was unassuming of my gender but clearly there was something more to my character than she formerly believed; the least I could do was take that with a grain of salt and move on. Though, when Eva admitted to having four children of her own, I recognized a familiar name among them. “Aylin… a daughter I suppose? I believe I met her some time ago as a young filly.” How uncanny it was that I’d met one of her children without knowing about Evangeline herself. It was quite a shame that our two worlds had already crossed in the form of one youthful, Aylin but nevermore until now.

There’s no need to apologize. The fine ether of life is something that no one can predict.” I stated evenly. I didn’t want to discuss the topic of Tamira anymore than was necessary but it was hard to steer conversation away from her memory without a punishing shaft of guilt splintering my heart. But with Eva at my side, I felt somewhat whole again. Her warmth and her calm created a certain serenity that eased itself over my shoulders like a security blanket. She had given me something that I’d thought I’d lost… She had given me the slightest glimpse of caring and understanding in a world all too small and unforgiving.

She had seen me.

You’ll not have to look far Eva. I’ll always be around for you.” I didn’t care if I sounded too forward or brash… This was the first time since I’d left myself body and soul, in order to mourn Tamira, that I had found my way home. Evangeline reminded me of the happiness that I’d lost so long ago and I didn’t plan on losing that happiness because I’d been too afraid to share my feelings. When it came to love, I gave myself wholly and unconditionally because that was the only way to care for someone- without restraint.

Thor the Gentle Heart

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM