the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

Surprise shone in Evangeline's eyes as Thor admitted to having met her daughter when she was young. She wondered just how long ago it had been. Had she still been in Helovia or had she already left with Validino and their handicapped daughter to find someone who could heal her? "Tallis?" She resorted to asking the dragon because he had always been with Aylin whenever she went off on her own. The orange mare turned her head enough so she could look at the dragon through her peripheral vision. He shook his head. 'Don't know him. Had to be gone.' Evangeline frowned and allowed her gaze to fall to the ground, thinking once more that she had not been a very good mother. Was bad parenting in her genes? Was it something that could be inherited?

“There’s no need to apologize. The fine ether of life is something that no one can predict.”

"I know." She murmured quietly. Validino was a prefect example of that because there had been no way she could have known that he would abandon her. "I often wonder if certain actions affect the flow of life. I wonder if I changed one thing what my life would be like. Where would I be now? Would this moment even exist?" There was no way for her to know, not without having to ask the God of Time, and she had reservations about asking him anything. From what she'd heard of him in rumors he was not one to exercise patience or understanding. It made her doubt that she could question what her reality would be if she had made different choices in her life, but it didn't make her wonder what her reality would be like if she could go back and change things.

His voice broke her from her wondering and for that Evangeline was grateful, but it made her confused as well. Why would he be around for her? They were little more than strangers meeting for the first time and she had not been very friendly at first. It impressed her that he had even stuck around long enough for her to loosen up and it surprised her even more that he flirted. What surprised her the most by far, however, was the fact that she had liked it and reciprocated. It was certainly getting harder for her to stay impartial to everyone and not form any bonds. Her heart continued to tell her that she was not a solitary creature, that she needed to love and be loved no matter the consequence.

"Thank you." Evangeline finally said as she shifted her body closer to Thor's in an attempt to get whatever warmth he could offer her. Her logical mind knew that the moment could not last much longer because the temperature continued to drop, but her heart wanted it to last forever.

"."

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-16-2014, 01:27 PM