the Rift

[JUDGED] I want to learn [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

He had reason to always be in such a stormy mood - nothing ever went the way it was supposed to. Ever. But at the current moment he was a little upended by the trip up here on a damned cloud!

Figuring out exactly how it felt to fly was not something he'd wanted to learn with the suddenness of 'here's a cloud, get on' and the ensuing ascendance that completed the experience.

Despite his (apparently) endlessly grumpy demeanor, Torleik's heart was no such thing and he readily agreed to help this pegasus mare learn how to fight even if he felt himself abysmally under-qualified. The Bloodskald instructed her to begin and he widened his stance a little in preparation for whatever she might throw his way.

'No want fight,' came his bonded's sullen pout in his mind.

Wintry eyes like the surface of a clear, frozen lake flicked to Irelyn, then to Serenity's wings as they flared out, and finally back to the mare's center of mass. It didn't matter where the wings went: Serenity had to go where her center of mass went. The feathered, powerful appendages could be a weapon, most certainly, but at this distance they were merely distractions.

That is, until she closed the distance between them. Taking an instinctual step back from his illusively larger foe, Torleik felt his body tense - and then strangely, relax. She wasn't a unicorn and had no deadly weapon fused to her crown. All she had were her wings, her hooves, and her teeth...and she was charging him, a dual-horned opponent, straight on? Obviously he needed to teach her this was a bad idea. So the much stockier beast held his ground and simply lowered his head, pointing both the sharp adornment of his skull directly at the approaching Serenity.

Her momentum seemed too much for her to change direction, and the Bloodskald very much did not want to wound this poor, untrained woman; at the last moment, he jerked his head to the right, hoping a horn might still clip her and give her something to consider before charging him like that next time. Unfortunately, this allowed her attack to continue and he grunted when he felt her teeth bluntly chomp his thick neck. That would throb for a while, and likely bruise. Irksome, but he'd live.

'I won't make you,' the unicorn finally replied to his owl-griffin as he watched Serenity scoot away quickly and put distance between them. "I have horns - you do not. I wouldn't count it wise to charge a unicorn unless you must. We're good at being pointy when you come straight at us," the Bloodskald called out with just a hint of humor in his deep tones, his hooves moving him towards the pegasus in a slow trot. The weather up here was cold, just as it was on the earth below, making the sand mercifully rather desiccated.

He would not be sliding around too terribly like an inept fool, it seemed. Still, this footing was not as secure as the stallion would have liked. Torleik did not have the cloven hooves of his kind, and if he got sloppy with his footwork he could easily step on a frozen chunk of sand from his own passive magic. Luckily it was the ground around his hooves that froze and not the ground directly beneath unless it held excessive moisture.

Feeling the dull, smarting ache where she'd bitten him as his pulse hammered through his veins in anticipation and preparation for exertion, Torleik's gaze focused in, seeing her pause, and he leapt - literally - at this opportunity. Never stop moving in battle; that was one of the first lessons his father had taught him. Digging his hooves in for traction that was still unreliable at best, the stallion's lunge towards Serenity's backside was not as swift, nor as powerful as he might have achieved on solid ground. The Bloodskald did not lower his head again, nor did he try to rear; instead, he sought to barrel straight through the pegasus mare to show her that stopping meant your enemy could reach you and harm you much more easily.

Whether he would succeed or her quickness and ability for flight would render this a moot point remained to be seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 724 | (1/3) | Torleik lowers his head for Serenity to run herself into his horns when she charges, but turns away at the last moment to avoid completely impaling her. After she bites him and runs away, he waits until she pauses to charge her like a bull with intent to run her over as punishment for being a lazybones on the battlefield.

@[Serenity]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-27-2014, 05:00 PM