the Rift

[JUDGED] I want to learn [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

Though it was not something the general would admit out loud, he was learning in this battle, too. The dual-horned stallion had never fought a pegasus before and his sharp mind took note of every move and instinctual tactic Serenity used to protect herself. If he knew the instincts, he could predict the movements. So it was with keen interest, though forelock and horns, that the Bloodskald observed the star-blanketed mare tilt her wings to halt her momentum and dodge his intrinsic weapons. The wings could change her position not only in the air, but also on the ground.

Good to know.

His eyes darted continually between her wings and her body now as he trotted around in a semicircle, keeping his blood flowing and his limbs moving. The cold air raked his lungs and made him feel alive. Every breath hurt just a little, and the sand beneath his feet reminded him of the coastline at home. Now all that was missing was the smell of salt and brine, the calls of the seabirds and the sshhwwsshhh of the waves as their unbroken rhythm ebbed and flowed with the tides. But daydreaming had no place here, not if he was to be an effective teacher.

This mare had asked for his aid and she deserved the best from him. Torleik’s focus shifted like the lens of a camera, blurring before honing in on the object of desire: and this object had become unmoving. His sudden leap was preceded by the sensation of slipping before the stallion finally managed to gain traction, but once he began to barrel at the pegasus he wasn’t about to stop. Either she’d get out of the way or get demolished in his path.

The Bloodskald figured she’d be quick, and his assumption was right; Serenity started away, wings tucked tightly to her starry sides, but she was not entirely swift enough. His left foreleg crashed into the soft flesh between her hind leg and belly and the stallion heard her grunt in pain as she yanked away. Torleik’s momentum pushed him through her mass for a meter or two before he turned to face the mare once more, smiling as she barked at him. She certainly had a temper, didn’t she? And that temper was about to cause him a good deal of harm.

The timing of his turn coincided with Serenity kicking out towards his form. Failing to turn his gaze as swiftly as the battle demanded, Torleik did not see the mare’s hooves hurtling towards him and turned right into her kick, unaware and wholly unprepared. His head was dipped lower from his charge and her aim, which normally would have been appropriate for striking at his chest, landed her attack firmly on his jaw. The hollow THWOCK! that came with the violent collision of hoof and bone was followed by a loud grunt and a reflex to jerk away that was too little, too late. Doing so brought one hoof off the ground and back down quickly, causing the rabicano to step on frozen sand that proved to be no fair footing. He stumbled to the left as Serenity flung sand everywhere and moved…somewhere.

The Bloodskald was too disoriented to tell what was going on: the pain ricocheting through his skull was debilitating, and his senses weren’t working properly. The bite on his neck was utterly forgotten in light of this new agony. His vestibular system was addled, his vision swimming from the impact, and balance was a dim notion of the past. Staggering sideways still, step by jilted, jerky step, Torleik blinked deliberately, trying to clear his scrambled brains. A flash of intense anger suddenly burned through his bond with Irelyn and his focus shifted from regaining his utterly obliterated balance to stopping his companion from making a foolish choice. “Irelyn, no!” he called out, the cloudy sky swimming when he jerked his head in her direction. Gods, he felt like he was going to empty his stomach onto the ground right in front of him.

The owl-griffin did not listen to her bonded, for like Serenity, she had a temper that did not easily relinquish its hold once roused. Blazing emotion fueling her little body, it manifested in glowing beak, wing-tips and talons that dripped with liquid fire – liquid fire that Irelyn fully intended to use on this pegasus bitch who’d hurt her bonded. She didn’t know what the word really meant, but Torleik had thought it before about a mare who was supposed to be a friend but hurt him deeply – it fit here, right? Hurtling down from on high, the owl-griffin plummeted like a molten meteor, ready to slam her scalding, magma-tipped body parts into any star-printed flesh she could find.

"talk talk talk"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 796 | (2/3) | Torleik gets the snot kicked out of his head because he wasn't ready for it, derps around afterwards, and Irelyn gets pissed off. She drops from above Serenity, using her molten dagger ability, not caring where she hits the pegasus - her only aim is to cause whatever damage she can.

@[Serenity]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-27-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 11-05-2014, 04:54 PM