the Rift

[JUDGED] I want to learn [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

If Serenity's perspective was in slow motion, then his was in slow motion, underwater and tumbling sideways. Torleik didn't know what had happened or why Ireyln was suddenly so angry and hellbent on harming his sparring partner. Trying his best in the moment to stop her was fruitless and the Bloodskald watched the scene unfold before him. Unable to effectively focus on such a fast-moving object as his owl-griffin, the brightness of the magic coursing through her tiny body was what guided his gaze with a growing sense of despair as it arced towards the starry mare on the ground.

He willed Serenity to move, to get out of the way! - but she did not execute her evasion in time and his chest caved with her pained yell.

No.

This wasn't how it was supposed to be, dammit!

"IRELYN, STOP!" the baroque Friesian thundered, the effort and pressure that such yelling took making his head explode in pain. Starbursts like Serenity's pelt popped all across his vision and his eyes rolled back behind closing lids, giving him no defense against the mare's bite when she she drew near in a tornado of flailing appendages and anger and pain.

'NO! NO HURT! NO! HURT! ANY! MORE! NO! HURT!' repeated the owl-griffin in punched-out staccato over and over and over, like an obsessive mantra driving her beyond the power of her will to resist. The words bit through the fog of his brain in that precious little sliver of time between sensing the closeness of Serenity's muzzle, feeling the humidity of the moist air expelled from her teeth, and actually experiencing the pain her pinching clutch on his flesh delivered.

Pure instinct and shock spurred him to do something perhaps counterintuitive: Torleik yanked his head - viciously angry nerves howling at his every movement - down and in the direction of his attacker. Doing so curled his neck away from in just enough, and let him jab his horns towards her breast and shoulder. If he was lucky, he'd stick her with enough force to get her to stop biting him and -

For a sweet moment, there was release. Then she bit him again!

The grating, high-pitched noise of her yelling at him slid hand-in-hand with the pain that had taken over every inch of real estate in his head and merged with the cacophony of Irelyn's mental raging in a confluence of greater magnitude than the general could handle. "WILL ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT! UP!" roared the Bloodskald, the threshold for his patience finally exceeded like the levees of a dam giving way. "YOU!" he snarled at Irelyn, who looked shocked to find herself on the ground. The stallion hadn't the slightest clue when or how it'd happened but he thanked the gods for it. "STAY PUT AND DO NOT MOVE!"

Having grounded one of the winged thorns in his side, Torleik turned his storm to Serenity. "And YOU! You think I WANTED her to do that?! Did you not HEAR me telling her to stop?! If you won't use your damn head, I can't teach you," he spat, furious with everyone in this arena, including himself. This was his fault. The rabicano knew he hadn't tried hard enough to do it right, and it had all fallen apart.

But how could he have anticipated Irelyn's actions? She didn't like battle. It didn't matter. This fight was done. The roar of pain in his head wasn't going anywhere anytime soon - his yelling serving as the exact opposite of a panacea for anything - and Serenity was clearly in no fit state to reason her way through a situation like this. A feeble voice of advocacy tried to tell him that maybe he should not expect so much from her but he quashed it. Torleik had not expected skill from her, but he would be damned if he couldn't expect some semblance of self-control from someone who was no longer a frail little filly.

'The same goes for you,' the stallion said sternly to his companion. They would have a talk later about her own failure to self-manage. Later. Everything later. Right now, his hooves carried him to the edges of the arena in an unsteady gait.

He was done.

"talk talk talk"

@[Serenity]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 717 | (3/3) | Summary: Torleik tries to jab Serenity around the chest/shoulder area with his horns just to get her to go away and stop biting him. Then he metaphorically flips a table at both Serenity and Ireyln for their actions and is so done. So done.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-27-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Serenity - 11-05-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: I want to learn [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-14-2014, 07:26 PM