the Rift

[OPEN] Fortunes & Favors {Grimm's Fortune Telling Booth}

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte

A pink-flecked nose quivers with anxiety at my Lady's mention of ingesting the glowing mushrooms. She can't really think that I am willing to taste them, can she? I know that I'm rather odd in comparison to some other folk, but surely I do not come off as an imbecile as well. A haughty sigh drifts through my lips, causing me to realise that my mouth has been agape for some time now. I snap it closed with a dull clack of my teeth, but a moment later I open it again so that I can thank her for the gifts she has delivered me.

"Oh, how wonderful, Illynx! You've made this trader very happy." I am careful not to mention how she has also convinced me that she is not so crazy any more; I'll just let sleeping dogs lie -- and tend to their fleeing decorations, too. "Should you want the swirls of your dazzling weapon read as well, my Lady, you need only come see me once I have set up." Molten eyes seek out the other mare's form, but she is far too fast and much too nimble for me to even bother trying to approach her. I'm sure that she will discover my stand in her own zigzagging way should she desire to hear of her own fate. I give a brief nod, as if trying to convince myself that that will be the case. Needless to say the delicate woman is no concern of mine, and I have spiritual business to attend to.

One excited meander later, I have come to the spot that the armored vixen directed me towards. I gaze upon the items fondly, appraising the intricate designs on the bowl and the carves inscriptions in the bones. Although I do not question the origin of the bowl, my brow does raise at the prospect of acquiring these bones. Is there another here who knows of this dark art? How would one know what marks to etch the bones with?

Obviously my suspicion does not last for long, for I start to pile the pieces of fox into the bowl so that I can transport them easier. Once this simple task has been complete -- and after I have successfully untangled my tail from around my leg, I must have been swinging it in my excitement at finding such lovely things -- I carry the basin to a small wooden stand I passed on the way here. It is a simple thing, but it will suit my needs. Dumping the fox's remains on the chest-high slab of wood that serves as the stand's counter, I make way for the guzzling stream that Illynx had spoken of earlier. A single scoop of the trickling water is enough to fill the shallow bowl, but I take my time in drinking my fill before returning to my post.

The basin makes a hollow clinking sound when I rest it next to the bones and, eager to get started, I fumble for the tiny things with my lips before tossing them in the air. There is no one here to make a request for the bones, but that does not stop me from making my own.

Have I come to the right place, wise ones? Will I find fortune here?

The weathered things fall one by one, clattering against the uneven wood until they roll into place. Their etched faces stare up at me, and I crinkle my lips in a smile as I study the formation they have made. Yes. Perhaps this land will be prosperous. Perhaps I have come to the right place.

Talking

{Alright, so, I am continuing on from the preparation thread, and Grimmrot's booth is now open! This is in fact a fortune telling stand, equipped with throwing bones for yes/no answers only, and a basin of water for some scrying! She can also reads the "whorls" in fur or the spirals on a horn. There is no magic being used here, but Grimmrot is in fact a Gypsy, and on her travels she has learned the art of fortune telling.

With that said, you can message this account for an accurate telling of your character's fortune, be it for plotting purposes or otherwise! If you do not care to receive a specific reading, I will randomly pick a fortune (or misfortune?) from the list I have compiled, or Grimmrot will just mess with you. ;P Don't worry, these fortunes will be vague, and do not necessarily have to come true! Everything is up for interpretation!

Fortunes will be first come, first serve, and are completely free! The seer does appreciate some goodies, though. -wink wink- Have fun! }

some fortune cookies contain no fortune

April Mo @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Fortunes & Favors {Grimm's Fortune Telling Booth} - by Grimmrot - 10-06-2014, 12:18 AM