the Rift

[OPEN] Missing the sun
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The hard earth is littered with frost, dark timber had fallen into a dormant slumber. They slept through our winter, their sickly branches resembled skeletons that were clawing toward heaven with open fingers. I rose early, my breath a stagnant mist in the still Frostfall air. Bottomless eyes drift toward a silent sky. It was cold here and quiet. Unnaturally quiet. Fina is perched on a branch above our egg. She stirs for only a moment, peeking one eye above flaming feathers to see me move away before falling asleep once more.

Our sun is still hidden behind the horizon, a few remaining stars glittered with their cold distant light. It was such a lonely glow. I frown and move from beneath the awning of a large pine, it is among the other evergreens that still flourished some color in this blue, black place. An egg is nestled against the base of this tree. Surrounded by soft things I’d thought to gather before winter came. Being a creature of snow and ice it seemed perfectly content in this weather though.

I should be snagging these quiet moments for extra sleep. My brain is full of troubles that prevent me from relaxing; among them are the realization that Seele has vanished. She no longer responds to my call and her sleuths, my sleuths, have seen or heard nothing of their masked lead since late Orangemoon. Questions rise in my heart, but there are no answers and prayers rise without response.
Again I’ve been left to lead alone.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Missing the sun - by Midas - 10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kiara - 10-07-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kirah - 10-07-2014, 05:26 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Midas - 10-07-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kiara - 10-09-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kirah - 10-09-2014, 06:15 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Midas - 10-11-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kirah - 10-18-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: Missing the sun - by Kiara - 10-19-2014, 03:41 AM