the Rift

[PRIVATE] my father was an oak

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

Frostfall had only just begun and, already, Evangeline was tired of it. She longed for the long days of Tallsun, the sun high overhead spreading warmth to nearly all reaches of Helovia. She was not a creature meant for ice and snow but one meant for warm breezes laced with the smell of clover and pine. She even yearned for the afternoon thunderstorms that would often flare up and disappear as soon as they'd come.

'Fire.' Tallis said firmly. 'Make fire. Warm. No like cold.' The dragon had taken to hiding beneath Evangeline's mane to shield himself from the icy wind and the snowflakes that would fall from the heavy clouds that always seemed to hang overhead and block out the sunshine. She wished there was some way that she could make them all disappear so the sun could shine its meager warmth on the face of Frostfall.

Evangeline's ears flicked forward as the sound of something playing in the snow became audible and as she and Tallis moved closer she could hear the yips, barks, and growls of a dog. Rather than run away Eva ventured closer to see if it were a wolf playing in the snow or someone's companion. Tallis spotted the dog first, but Evangeline's gaze found Archibald almost immediately. He was certainly a stallion that was unforgettable not only because of his enormous size but also because of his prowess in battle. She remembered him well enough, remembered Roanne mentioning him on several occasions when they had spoken of the Woodlands' warriors. She also remembered his brothers and his wretched mother that had called the Woodlands home when she had ruled over them.

"Archibald."The orange mare spoke his name softly as her steps came to a stop. Her eyes remained fixed on him as Tallis began to search their surroundings for the monster that masqueraded as a mare.

"."

@[Archibald]

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM