the Rift

[PRIVATE] my father was an oak

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
I am a stone, unaffected

Rain hell down onto me

Loretta, with amber eyes calm but skeptical, looked to the orange dragon that had responded to her threat. She gave a small huff in his direction before she lay in the snow beneath Archibald's massive frame. Her thick coat protected her well, and she panted calmly as she watched the Pure and the Dauntless converse. She did not enjoy this feeling, the uncomfortable itch in her chest from being unaware of her bond mate's history. All in Helovia that Archibald knew, Loretta knew. However, creatures from the depths of Isilme, a land which Loretta was not born in to like her warlord, were foreign to her. Evangeline smelled like the Edge, and Archibald's calmness towards her solidified her rank, but Loretta did not want to give her the time of day. "I served for many years in the Windtossed Foothills. I climbed the ladder ranks from warrior to General, and I took up leadership after I dethroned the malicious beast Ricochet for attacking a young mare, Ophelia. In time, I was challenged for my crown." Archibald continued to look out to the sea, letting the scenes play in his mind's eye. "In my downfall I found new glory. I took the position of General in the mercenary band The Grey and I lead an invasion targeted at the Foothills with the leaders of the Grey, Ophelia and Ktulu. Perhaps you know of them--their father is Paladin the Valiant and their mother Soliel the Virtuous, and the pair led the Tides in Isilme." Archibald's ears twitched on his poll. "I served several seasons as General for the Grey, before stepping down after an invasion on these very lands." The behemoth made a sweeping motion with his head and neck. "After Helovia fell to darkness the Foothills were no more, and I gave my services and skills to the Edge. I fought in a tournament and defeated three opponents for my title of Captain."

Archibald's golden gaze swept from the sea back to Evangeline's emeralds. He kept her gaze hard, solid, but his face did not break from his stoicness. His recall of his rank history was not enough, it seemed, for she had more questions. She asked of his family, and the Dauntless' eyes narrowed some. "My family is dead. Only my sons share my blood now." Archibald did not know for certain that the entirety of his family was deceased, but none of them were in Helovia. He hoped, in the back of his cavernous mind, that Knox was thriving somewhere free from the demons of his life in Helovia. Perhaps Evers was prospering somewhere, teaching foals and adults alike the ways of wisdom and leadership. He suspected the youngling, Darwin, the product of ash and fire had not made it to adulthood--but, he knew the colt held Mandrake's blood, and it was not so easily washed away.

Taking a step towards the mare, Archibald lowered his head an inch or so. His next words would be hard on the heart of the mare, he predicted, and he would offer her a condoling touch if she seemed to need it. "The Sentinel has fallen as well. We are all that is left of the Woodlands, Evangeline." Archibald's voice hardened, an obvious sting of pain laced behind his words. The Woodlands had been his home since his foalhood, and remembering them now was like a dream, a dream Archibald desired to visit in the flesh. He knew, however, the shades that threw them out and destroyed loved ones and powerful warriors had demolished the land into something unrecognizable. Helovia was his home now, specifically the World's Edge, and he stood to protect it well.

@[Evangeline]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM