the Rift

[PRIVATE] my father was an oak

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

Evangeline listened quietly and patiently as Archibald began to recount his experiences in Helovia. Her ears twitched as he mentioned Ricochet and a ping of sadness speared her heart. At one point he had been a friend to her, one that she had cared for despite his hateful ways. Their friendship had ended, however, when he discovered that her daughter was a unicorn. It did not surprise her that Ricochet had attacked someone. "Is it safe to assume the girl that he attacked was a unicorn?" She asked, though her instinct was screaming at her that she was correct. She had not known Ricochet to attack another equine for no reason.

As Archibald continued with his story, which was steeped in violence and blood, Evangeline continued to listen. She kept her expression neutral, though if he knew her at all he would know that she disapproved of the violence. She was not foolish enough, however, to think he would care about what she approved or disapproved of. 'Sometimes can't help.' Tallis murmured as he continued to stare down the stallion's companion. 'Ampere.' He reminded and Evangeline knew he was right, but that didn't mean she had to agree with him.

"My family is dead. Only my sons share my blood now."

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said, though she could not feel truly sorry that Mandrake had finally met her end. Eva also found it difficult to imagine Archibald becoming a father. It made her wonder if he had found a mate or if it had been some whirlwind romance that had resulted in two sons and fizzled out or even a one night stand. "Congratulations, though." A small smile lifted the corners of her mouth. "I never pegged you for a father. What are your son's names?"

Shortly after her question their conversation turned to Roanne and she felt that familiar anxiety gnawing at her then completely consuming her as Archibald confirmed her worst fears. Her heart felt like it sank through her chest and onto the ground at her hooves. "How?" Was her only question.

"."

@[Archibald]

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM