the Rift

[PRIVATE] my father was an oak

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

"Very well." Eva murmured as the Dauntless told her that no empathy was needed because of his mother's death. She really felt no remorse that the grey mare had met her end. Curiosity gnawed at the strands of her mind, but she did not ask how Mandrake had died because part of her did not care enough to ask. Did it make her terrible for not feeling remorse? 'No.' Tallis answered firmly. 'Mandrake evil. Evil need to die.' Perhaps he was right. 'Tallis always right.'

While her exchange with Tallis went on, Archibald moved on to the subject of his sons, giving her both names and descriptions. "You sound very proud of them." She often found that parents were proud of their children regardless of what they may have done. She was guilty of it, herself. Sometimes she thought there was very little that her children could do that would diminish how proud she was of them even if they weren't a continuous presence in her life. They had grown up quickly, eager to experience life on their own and she admired their tenacity.

Of course, however, their conversation could not stay on something so pleasant as their children. After hearing Archibald confirm her worst fears she didn't think that the conversation could get any worse, but it did. Disgust made her lip curl as she was told that he had sired a son with Mandrake. How could he bed a mare as vile as her? Her ears snapped forward at Archibald's final statement and she stared at him. "The same fate...?" Realization was slow, but when it came it hit her with the force of a freight train, taking half of her heart with it.

"You..." killed him. "You..." murdered him. "You... You son of a bitch." Evangeline was usually a calm creature, one who was composed and did not easily lose her temper but in one fell swoop Archibald had pushed her over the edge and she was falling. "The hypocrisy in your family is unbelievable!" She hissed. "Why have you not met the same fate?" Her voice steadily rose until she was nearly shouting at the Dauntless, careless about the sadness in his eyes. "If he's dead for fathering a child then you should be, too!" In her eyes Archibald would never be half the stallion Roanne was. On her back, Tallis stood alert and ready to set fire to the stallion and his dog should they choose to attack is bonded.

"."

@[Archibald]

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Evangeline - 12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: my father was an oak - by Archibald - 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM