the Rift

[PRIVATE] Falling Apart, Together

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I had been defeated. I had given up hope and desired the sweet release that death would ultimately bring me, but just as soon as my lungs felt ready to burst and my trembling body ready to collapse, the winds fled. As if they terrified children who had done wrong, the gale dissipated into the Steppe laughing chaotically in the wake of its own disaster. I was left shattered by its torrent, surely left to die now as my essence seemed to drain away along with my certain assassin as it soared along the open swells into sinful oblivion. I tried to curse, tried to scream, and even tried to force my dried tears to build again… but they would not come. I stood stone-still with nothing but my memories to hang on to. The pain that flared through my body would not relent and though I couldn’t imagine mustering enough energy to save myself, my heart reached out towards the heavens in hopes that someone would save me.

I was relieved that I now knew I could leave with my life still intact even if I could not say the same of my body. Everything screamed in pain with flame and assault as my skin burned from the cold and the ice. I needed to get back to the Edge in order to warm myself for I feared hypothermia or at the very least exposure to the elements. However, when I thought myself strong enough to make the first step away from my own personal ell, a slight breeze slithered in from the south. Its cool touch made me freeze fearing that the onslaught of terror had returned. My legs trembled and my heart fluttered once more. The savage skies conveyed no mercy as the grey tint of winter lingered within their depths, but I could not face what I knew was coming. I forced the tears building within the tender wells of my quiet eyes to cease, though it did little to calm me.

Instead, when I turned a reluctant gaze to the face of my tormentor, I could not help but whimper. Instead of the violent mixture of ice and dirt, a serpent of black smoke snaked its ways toward me in a venomous fashion. Unbeknownst to me, the smoke itself would not let me flee, but I also knew that even if I thought I could escape the forces of my fate would keep me still. Slowly, I accepted what I considered to be my twisted version of destiny and tried to close my eyes to the approaching horror, though I couldn’t seem to look away. It shivered and crawled toward me with a makeshift grin that sent terror rushing down my spine. Please no. Of course my pleading went unanswered and when the shadows tried to envelope me in their touch, they cringed as if my hide were a source of flame. But upon finding that I did not produce fire or any other secretion of poison, it overtook me.

It was impenetrable as it gripped a mysterious extremity around my face and nose. I struggled to breathe as it invaded, pushing itself into each orifice with such vigor that I couldn’t even scream. Surely this would be the moment I would die. It infiltrated my entire being, filling every crevice with its venom and darkness. I strained against it to no avail and when it reached the fragile remnants of my wings, it bore through them until the impurities that remained were all but removed. On its departure, a ghostly vision of a pair of black wings filtered out from the malformed appendages and finally –finally- it was gone. My body trembled and I couldn’t control the contorted sobs that vied desperately to escape my mouth. Anger and confusion welled up inside my heart and though I couldn’t find it in me to scream, the momentary idea made me feel calmer.

I was stunned as I tried to recall just what had happened, but all I could remember now was watching the sickly black mist devour its way through my skin, evaporating from the pores into the clean air of the Steppe. I wanted to collapse, I wanted to sleep, and most of all I wanted to forget. Whatever had happened was not worth remembering and I refused to do as much. However, when an unfamiliar voice touched my delicate ears, I jumped. My legs shuddered, my teeth quaked, and my heart pounded against my chest as I took in the sight of a spirited young colt. Funny how I could do little to avoid his inquisitive gaze when all I wanted to do was disappear. I was tempted to lash out at the youngster, but exhaustion and relief and a dozen other emotions kept me at bay. Slowly, I turned my tired eyes to the colt, “Yes. It hurts.” I couldn’t help but scowl at him after admitting my weakness, but there was little I wanted to be held accountable for now. I just wanted to get home… as soon as my legs would allow.

It was then that I noticed the mare lingering at the threshold of the Steppe, which in turn enraged me further. How many others could have possibly witnessed this monstrosity?! AND NOT A SINGLE ONE HAD OFFERED HELP!” I did not acknowledge her in hopes that I would left to recover in peace and perhaps I was offended that she had been standing there throughout the entirety of my ordeal. I needed to get home; I needed to close my eyes… I needed to sleep the horror away into the recesses of my mind.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Falling Apart, Together - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Naira - 10-18-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Random Event - 10-25-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Random Event - 10-25-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Adelric - 10-26-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 01:34 AM