the Rift

[PRIVATE] Falling Apart, Together

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

There is something clerical about this foal, something lacking or vacant in his eyes that I find eerie… But I do not have the strength to ward him off even in spite of the damp scent of the Basin rolling off his winter skin. His words are tight and emotionless as he inspects me and I am but a mere project or scientific discovery to record in his books, to detail in his ledgers. Looking at him looking at me, I notice the peculiar set of eyes he wears. One pale yellow and one bright green… a queer looking animal indeed. In fact, for a moment I am so caught up in studying the youth that I forget to guard my own personal space as he moves in closer to my right appendage. However, he does not appear violent and instead merely makes an observation about the wing itself. I am baffled, or at the very least dazed and tired from whatever ghostly assailant had attacked me only moments before. I nod slowly at him as I test his words on my own tongue, “It seems intact…” It seems intact. It... seems… intact? Would there come a time when it breaks free of the feeble bone that holds it to place?

A rising fear sparks in my chest and carries outward. I find myself quivering from the exertion of trying to defend myself from the driving ice and snow, but it does little to help the weakness jarring my legs into stiffness. I hardly notice the foal and his companion exchanging thought in a way that I have yet to understand, but something about them drives me mad. Their presence and their indifference arrest my heart and make me gasp in anger and fright. I desire to scream at them, turn them away from my weakness… or at least inspire them to leave me the hell alone! But a pulsing agony bursts through my sides at the base of my deformities and I cannot find the voice it takes to speak otherwise. Again the young male takes down an observation to his bonded as though perhaps I am an unfeeling mongrel without any real thought or action. I tremble, but the resulting pain causes me to fall still once again.

It is not curious, you devil. It is fantasy, a ghostly memory that from now on I would urge you to forget. I-” Wincing from the quiet flames that build in my back and my stomach, I try to fight onward so that I might be able to return home before the cold of night sweeps across the plains. “-I’ll be sure to update you when something happens.” The sarcasm in my voice is palpable and above all else, I hope it will be enough to evade the youth long enough for his interest to wane. However, as the foal circles around to study my other side, I decide that I cannot stop him. I am too weak to fight him off in any way shape or form and though I desire peace and quiet, I know that at some point he will retire to manipulate his findings into answers elsewhere.

Maybe one day I would seek out those answers as long as I could recover from this… But I wanted it to be washed from my memory and my body altogether even if something told me that fate would not have it so. I would have to deal with the consequences until the end, no matter how cruel and unjustified they were.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

@[Adelric]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Falling Apart, Together - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Naira - 10-18-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Random Event - 10-25-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Random Event - 10-25-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Falling Apart, Together - by Adelric - 10-26-2014, 12:32 AM